Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gene Wood on TTTT  (Read 4672 times)

BillCullen1

Gene Wood on TTTT
« on: July 07, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
This morning (7/7) Gene Wood was a panelist on TTTT. I know he did one week on that. He was billed as the "host of Beat the Clock." Not sure if this ep is new to Buzzr. I don't recall seeing it there before.

Bryce L.

Re: Gene Wood on TTTT
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 11:00:07 AM »
Not sure if this ep is new to Buzzr.
It is, and all of TTTT '73 will be for at least the rest of this month.

Also, assuming the numbers are right, we should get a couple weeks later this month where Bill Cullen fills in for Garry Moore as host.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 11:35:09 AM »
Also, assuming the numbers are right, we should get a couple weeks later this month where Bill Cullen fills in for Garry Moore as host.

<squee>
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 04:09:09 PM »
Great spot in today's episode of Karl Erhardt, the "Sign Man" at Shea Stadium, who was a regular fixture at the ballpark until 1981 when a clash with new Mets ownership made him walk away from the place for good.

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 03:02:51 PM »
^ Aside from a one-off appearance in August 2002 to celebrate i the team's 40th anniversary before he died in 2008, of course.

Robair

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 08:19:45 AM »
Those shows started Tuesday morning (7/13) on Buzzr, with Nipsey Russell and Orson Bean joining Peggy and Kitty on the panel.
--Robair

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 12:30:36 PM »
On Friday, 7/16, Gene Rayburn and Larry Blyden joined Peggy and Kitty, with Uncle Bill still filling in as host. Three guys on G-T's payroll at the time. I don't think they're ever show a TTTT episode with Larry Blyden on Buzzr before.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »
Buzzr is doing some skipping, skipping 1 episode from the Gene Wood week and 2 episodes from the following week with Bill Cullen as guest host.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 01:11:24 PM »
Buzzr did air all the episodes from the Gene Rayburn/ Larry Blyden week, with Bill Cullen hosting.

It was interesting, in the fourth episode of the week, Larry had to excuse himself from playing in the first game because the contestant had previously appeared on his show, What's My Line. I wonder what happened there; was that an oversight on the part of the producers, or perhaps Larry was a last minute addition to the panel?