Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Items You Bought Because You Saw Them On A Game Show  (Read 4403 times)

Brian44

Re: Items You Bought Because You Saw Them On A Game Show
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 05:19:50 AM »
This was a common SP on TPIR about 15 years ago and I've been using mine several times a week since then to trim my facial hair: 🧔

https://www.microtouchmax.com/?mid=2955915

Brian44

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2021, 06:24:03 AM »
I wear Haggar slacks because I first heard of them as a consolation prize on various shows.

Levi's slacks were also plugged often on TPIR in the early '80s right up until the debut of their Dockers brand in '86.

Allstar87

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 12:06:02 PM »
When Buzzr started rerunning Supermarket Sweep in 2018, I liked the sweaters David Ruprecht wore so much I bought one for myself. Typed "Members Only sweater 90s" into eBay, looked for ones that matched what I'd seen on the show, snagged one that was my size.

It's a really good quality one, sturdy and comfortable.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 04:51:52 PM »
When I was in the market for earbuds, I was interested in a pair from AudioTechnica that shows up frequently as an IUFB on TPIR. I still like them, although I ran into a problem when they stopped working with Skype/Discord on my iPad (they still work on my phone).

I've also definitely seen some grocery products in games that I've proceeded to pick up on the following trip to the market. The most recent example being milkshake pouches made by Klondike. Was a little disappointed in those.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Fedya

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »
I'm disappointed to see nobody's admitted to having bought a flokati rug from their appearance on Press Your Luck.  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jamey Greek

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 11:44:35 PM »
I started wearing Perry Ellis clothes as a preteen because that is what Alex Trebek wore on J!  Also, as a child whenever we went to the mall, I checked out J. Riggings because that is what David Ruprecht wore on Supermarket Sweep.

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2021, 12:25:10 AM »
Also, as a child whenever we went to the mall, I checked out J. Riggings because that is what David Ruprecht wore on Supermarket Sweep.
This reminds me, I believe I got a J. Riggings sweater as a teenager in part because Pat Finn also wore them on Shop Til You Drop.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ET206

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2021, 02:16:03 AM »
In the early 2000s I bought a red Mercury Cougar because it was featured regularly on TPiR.  I've also bought Bruce's yams, Birdola, Eggland's Best eggs, etc.

Hastin

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2021, 12:40:38 PM »
A West Bend Stir Crazy popcorn maker for me, featured for years on TPiR, still featured on TPiR - and the best countertop popcorn maker to date. Use with one of those "all in one popcorn" kits for perfect movie theater popcorn.
-Hastin :)

weaklink75

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »
I once got a couple of bottles of Green Slime Shampoo after seeing it on Double Dare....

narzo

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2021, 09:35:00 PM »
Mogen David wine has become my go-to joke if I'm ever hosting a game night.  People know I'm a wine snob and, using my very sarcastic, dry sense of humor, I explain it's delivery to the guests as a wine "so amazing it used to be a big prize on a game show" (hey, that's generic verbiage, sorry if they read into it wrong).  Needless to say everyone gags on it, we all have a laugh, and get back to "Jackpot" ("people used to play for 50k on this show, but a select few left with Mogen David")