Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show props you thought were long gone.  (Read 1500 times)

rebelwrest

Game show props you thought were long gone.
« on: June 05, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »
Some states are offering incentives to get people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 (trust me this is game show related).  One of the more popular incentives is lottery prizes.  The most famous of this is Ohio's $1 million dollar lottery drawing, but California is giving away many $50,000 prizes to people who have been vaccinated.  Governor Gavin Newsom held the first drawing on Friday, but also on the set was the......

wheel from the Big Spin.

That show went off in 2009, and I thought that wheel would be gone.  Nope, in further research the wheel is now housed as a permanent exhibit at the California Lottery State Museum in Sacramento and visitors can spin the wheel.

Which finally brings me to the question, what game show prop did you discover still exists that you thought was long gone?

By the way if you don't believe me about the wheel, here's the proof:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-06-04/newsom-vaccine-lottery-giveaway-campaign-california-recall-covid
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

golden-road

Re: Game show props you thought were long gone.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:17:02 PM »
I saw somewhere one of the 70's TJW producers still has the endgame lever.

SamPrainito

Re: Game show props you thought were long gone.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Read an oral history of “Remote Control” recently, and in the article, there was a photo of the giant Bob Eubanks Pez dispenser, now displayed in the home of one of the producers.