Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr series duration  (Read 2636 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Buzzr series duration
« on: May 14, 2021, 05:15:26 PM »
Classic Concentration finished its most recent new-to-Buzzr run this week with episode 532. And while Buzzr has skipped a small handful of episodes here and there, I'd estimate that the network has now aired nearly 500 episodes of the series. Which made me think: Which series has Buzzr converted the most episodes of so far? The only other show that I'd think would be in contention for the title is Match Game. I don't think Supermarket Sweep is quite there yet, although I've lost track of when Buzzr adds new episodes of that show. I think the prime time episodes of the past few weeks have been new to the network. At least, I hadn't seen them before.

Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour is new to Buzzr again starting this coming Monday. Unless it goes on a longer-than-usual run, Buzzr won't reach the end of the series yet. But that got me to wondering: Has Buzzr ever aired an entire series from start to finish? I know that Monty Hall's Beat the Clock was close -- did it reach the end?

(Blockbusters is also new to Buzzr again starting Monday, but that isn't inspiring me to ask any questions. I'm mentioning it simply because I'm always happy to see new Blockbusters.)

Bryce L.

Re: Buzzr series duration
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 05:38:20 PM »
Has Buzzr ever aired an entire series from start to finish?
No, and only two shows - Let's Make a Deal 86 and Match Game PM - have aired their final-taped episodes so far.

tyshaun1

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 05:40:26 PM »
The only show I believe to have earned this distinction? The All-New LMAD, which they shortly thereafter demoted to weekends only.

Classic Concentration finished its most recent new-to-Buzzr run this week with episode 532.
It's interesting, for a network/company that claims it's a painstaking process to convert these shows for air, they have burned through Classic Concentration really quickly. They have so many other shows that they have barely cleared a year's worth, but CC has gone over 2 years in much shorter time.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 06:08:44 PM »
The only show I believe to have earned this distinction? The All-New LMAD
I'd hesitate to give it that claim, considering they've never touched episodes 1 through 87 of season 1 - that's more than half the season right there.

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 06:59:58 PM »
They're somewhere in the neighborhood of having aired 450 episodes of Supermarket Sweep so I think it, Match Game and Classic Concentration are the top three for number of episodes aired.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 10:06:01 PM »
(Blockbusters is also new to Buzzr again starting Monday, but that isn't inspiring me to ask any questions. I'm mentioning it simply because I'm always happy to see new Blockbusters.)
I hope no one will consider this a spoiler, but just in case:

The episode Monday is the "tree lighting."
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)