Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR at Night - Wed. April 21 8 pm ET  (Read 4659 times)

BillCullen1

TPIR at Night - Wed. April 21 8 pm ET
« on: April 20, 2021, 10:44:07 AM »
Another episode of this extravaganza, this one featuring YouTuber and comedian Lilly Singh. That's how the promo on the CBS website describes her. For once, I'm speechless.

aaron sica

Re: TPIR at Night - Wed. April 21 8 pm ET
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
Another episode of this extravaganza, this one featuring YouTuber and comedian Lilly Singh. That's how the promo on the CBS website describes her. For once, I'm speechless.

Why? She has her own TV show in the NBC 1:35am slot.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »
That’s literally her job. She’s a YouTube personality. That and the show on another channel.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 02:06:24 PM »
CBS doesn't seem to have a problem with promoting other network's personalities.  Wayne Brady hosts "Game of Talents" over on Fox.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvmitch

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 11:35:16 AM »
CBS doesn't seem to have a problem with promoting other network's personalities.  Wayne Brady hosts "Game of Talents" over on Fox.
I saw a promo for a new competition show called "Crime Scene Kitchen" last night, during the Masked Singer on Fox. "Crime Scene Kitchen" premieres May 26 and is hosted by Joel McHale.

The season premiere of Card Sharks, hosted by Joel McHale, is June 9.

What a strange time we live in.
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 12:38:22 PM »
We still haven't found out why BillCullen1 was so opposed to Lilly Singh.

tyshaun1

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »
I saw a promo for a new competition show called "Crime Scene Kitchen" last night, during the Masked Singer on Fox. "Crime Scene Kitchen" premieres May 26 and is hosted by Joel McHale.

The season premiere of Card Sharks, hosted by Joel McHale, is June 9.

What a strange time we live in.
As of now, Card Sharks has not been renewed, and it has 3 episodes yet to air. My guess is that its renewal prospects hinge on how it performs, but the fact that Joel is hosting another prime time show does not bode well for its future.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »
Maybe he prefers Lilly Dance.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 06:43:06 PM »

I'm not opposed to her. I just had no idea who she is. I'm usually in bed by the time her show comes on.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 06:49:24 PM »
I would imagine most people are—late is in the title after all.
Travis L. Eberle

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 01:51:36 AM »

I'm not opposed to her. I just had no idea who she is. I'm usually in bed by the time her show comes on.
I tried watching her show when it debuted, but I just couldn't get into it.  Like nearly everything else in today's world, it's just too millenium-centric for me.  In Omaha she competes head-on with "The List".  What a choice... 

After "ET" ends, I either turn off the set for the night or go to YouTube on my TV and play videos of 1960s girl groups songs.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 03:53:42 AM »
Like nearly everything else in today's world, it's just too millenium-centric for me.

What in hell does that even mean?

Bryce L.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 04:04:06 AM »
Like nearly everything else in today's world, it's just too millenium-centric for me.

What in hell does that even mean?
I'd assume he means "too heavily aimed at 20-somethings" (aka "millennials")

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 07:43:30 AM »

I tried watching her show when it debuted, but I just couldn't get into it.  Like nearly everything else in today's world, it's just too millenium-centric for me.  In Omaha she competes head-on with "The List".  What a choice...
Every generation has had a late night host that catered primarily to the younger viewers. For millennials and gen-Z, it’s Lilly. In the 90s, it was Arsenio and Conan with Gen-X and young Boomers. In the 80s, it was Letterman. I couldn’t get into the show either, but I applaud what she’s doing.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 12:04:55 PM »
They're doing another TPIR at Night next Wednesday, April 28. Guest is Tiffany Haddish, who will host "Kids Say The Darndest Things" on CBS starting May 5th.