Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionare  (Read 10595 times)

davidbod

Super Millionare
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2004, 11:01:03 PM »
To answer the question about 50/50, it is probably no longer set in advance. The UK version changed about 18 months ago so that the choice really is random by the computer. This was deemed to help the contestants as in 70% of the cases it always left the ones they were deciding between, leading the public to assume that there was some rigging going on.

I quite liked what I've seen of the show but from the brief clip I've seen I'm slightly surprised by how "rough" the direction and editing was. I think they've mucked around with the amounts on the lower levels too much but overall it ain't broke.

David
David J. Bodycombe, Labyrinth Games

Author of How To Devise A Game Show

Chris Otto

Super Millionare
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 06:53 PM\'] Doing this from memory, as it's not intended to function in the capacity of a recap:

Sunday night--19 Hot Seat questions read, 2 Fastest Finger questions read.

Monday night--18 Hot Seat questions read, 3 Fastest Finger questions read.

No, they're not worried about breaking their budget. :) [/quote]
 This has to be by design -- make all the FF's pop-culture stuff that couch potatoes and People-magazine readers will excel at, then hit the poor saps with second- and third-tier questions that only the extremely well-read are gonna get...

I'm enjoying watching it, though. I'd enjoy playing it even more.... needless to say I didn't get called in for Sunday night's taping after qualifying last week.