Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionare  (Read 10589 times)

familyfeudfan

Super Millionare
« on: February 22, 2004, 10:06:11 PM »
Millionare is now better than ever.
It's like super greed only you can win. :)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Super Millionare
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 10:11:11 PM »
Well, I don't know exactly how possible it's going to be to win $10 million, but you can get a nice hunk of change if you play your cards right.

I like what they've done with the place. Hope it catches on with the general public.
@lambertman

PeterTomarkensGal

Super Millionare
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 10:15:13 PM »
Other than that lousy lifeline with the 3 people, it is EXCELANTE!

gameshowhost1

Super Millionare
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 10:18:01 PM »
Even sick---Regis is STILL THE MAN.  I love the show, the camera angles, the wrap-around shot there at one point, some new music cues and REGIS!

Mario500

Super Millionare
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »
Interesting, the good folks at AT&T nolonger operate Phone A Friend (or are they?)

Should start the 30 second clock for the "Three Wise  Men" when Regis is done with the question.

I expect a multi-millionaire in the following week!

MrBuddwing

Super Millionare
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 10:32:02 PM »
It's like having an old cherished friend return to visit - not exactly the same as before, but neither are you. The syndicated version is OK and Meredith Vieira is OK, but the revamped original is still better.

I was a bit bemused by the references to condom commercials and metrosexuals - is this a new "adult" version of "Millionaire"?

DrJWJustice

Super Millionare
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 10:38:44 PM »
I enjoyed it, but I did think the pace was a bit too slow.  I thought it got too fast before it went off the air.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Super Millionare
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »
Thank God for DirecTV, I'll say that right now.

I actually still like Meredith Vieira better, but Reege still rocks the house.  He's definitely had time to refine his technique.

A thought: supposedly Keith and Matthew Strachan, the guys who wrote the show's musical score, wrote many cues we've never heard.  I'm guessing the stuff we heard tonight was among them.  I seriously hope we never hear the question 15 loss cue; it hurts the soul just to hear it on the score CD...I think it's only been used ONCE in the entire world, hasn't it?

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Super Millionare
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 10:40:08 PM »
You bet I was laughing my ass off on THAT question...

But, seeing the show back with it's new elements, I felt too excited to see it again.  (Albeit the fact that I watched it alone downstairs, while my dad upstairs was watching an all-Elvis' edition of Anne's "Link" on GSN.

Mr. Randy West...I hate to put you on the spot again, but as a former warmer-up, you must've been freaking out and passing out as these hunka-hunka burnin' loves took the stage to adore Madame Robinson...

DID YA???  Haha!)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 10:41:48 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

DrJWJustice

Super Millionare
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 10:41:46 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 10:38 PM\'] I enjoyed it, but I did think the pace was a bit too slow.  I thought it got too fast before it went off the air. [/quote]
 To clarify, by 'going off the air', I meant the original Regis-hosted 4x a week series.

weaklink75

Super Millionare
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 10:41:50 PM »
I thought it was pretty good...I especially liked the new music they used for the first tier of questions.

The difficulty of questions has been ramped up a little I think. The MDQ was extremely difficult to me. The $500K question I had enough knowledge on that  I could have confidently used the Double Dip and gotten the answer right, as I knew only two of the answers could fit the question.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Super Millionare
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 10:47:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 09:29 PM\'] Should start the 30 second clock for the "Three Wise  Men" when Regis is done with the question.
 [/quote]
 At first, I thought the same thing but after further review, since in the PAF the 30 second clock starts when the contestant reads the question it's really the only equitable way to do it.

Of course, someone will now chime in, "Then start the PAF clock after the question is read!"

Doug -- and the countdown to 400 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

gameshowhost1

Super Millionare
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 10:50:25 PM »
Are the 3 Wise Men going to change nightly?

J.R.

Super Millionare
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 10:53:56 PM »
I agree it is absoutly awesome !

Personally, I think they could of toned down the flash down a tad. All the huge ultra-bright lights and the 360 spin after the $100K almost gave me a headache and feeling of wooziness.

They also, IMO, went overboard with the dramatic music in the upper-tier. Honestly, it sounded like a clamatic scene in a horror movie.

Otherwise, everything was done beautifully. The $400,000 jump from $100K to $500K makes for some VERY Interesting and nerve-racking decisions.

Regis may not be a Chris Tarrant, but he was top-notch.

I think this will do nicely. Thought I honestly cannot picture anyone going beyond $1,000,000.  
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

goongas

Super Millionare
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 11:03:21 PM »
New 3 Wise Men every night.  The Wise Men can read the question on their monitor instead of having to listen to Regis read it to them.