Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicated $otC: TV Guide Promos?  (Read 1504 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Syndicated $otC: TV Guide Promos?
« on: February 08, 2022, 08:29:55 PM »
Let me preface this by saying that I apologize. The idea for this thread is purely coincidental and I was taken by surprise when I saw another $otC thread posted today. This is a completely isolated topic, but if i messed up. I’ll take this L.

With that said, good evening everyone. Hope all is well.

I’ve been fascinated with the syndicated version of $ale of the Century, especially with the seemingly weird broadcast history and TV Guide promos, depending on where you lived. From what I know, Chicago aired the (late) nighttime version after Nightline on WLS 7, with very minimal fanfare and (zero?) mention in TV Guide…at least here.

Looking for something completely different on Google, I stumbled upon a scan for an ad for the nighttime edition airing on NYC’s WOR 9 weeknights. It was put in an issue of the NY Daily News paper. I ask any of you who are familiar or have access to this information; did a similar ad appear in a TV Guide at around this same time period? (For the record, that scan was from the 2-4-85 edition).

I’m trying to gauge how much the markets that chose to air Sale from the jump promoted it in their respective TV Guides; just looking to add to my collection, so I appreciate the insight.

Thank you all, and take care.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

BrandonFG

Re: Syndicated $otC: TV Guide Promos?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 08:54:58 PM »
I've seen an ad from a Detroit (?) TV Guide touting the January '85 premiere. There's also this one from Toledo, Ohio from 2/16/85.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!