The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Split Second buzz-in rules

(1/2) > >>

JasonA1:
Pardon me if this has been discovered before, but upon re-watching some of the Kennedy episodes available on YouTube, I finally took notice of how the buzzers worked on the original run of Split Second.

The first player can interrupt Tom's question, as we all knew. It would appear -- based on when the names light up, the facial expressions of the players, and the repeated tapping of the buttons you can hear -- that the buzzers are only enabled again when Tom says the name of the first player to ring-in. The buzzer is then enabled for the third player when the second player's name is acknowledged aloud. Does this seem right?

-Jason

Ian Wallis:
This seems right.  I remember Tom mentioning a few times something to the effect that the buzzers are locked out until the first player who buzzed in answers.

chrisholland03:
Yep - that aligns with what I've observed as well.  And I like it that way.

Joe Mello:
So does that the 90's pilot was effectively the original buzzer set up but just acknowledged out loud?

Neumms:

--- Quote from: chrisholland03 on April 13, 2021, 11:00:40 AM ---Yep - that aligns with what I've observed as well.  And I like it that way.

--- End quote ---

Huh. I've always thought two or all three could ring in at once, but the lights just waited for the play to catch up, lighting up while the player answered. If they were ringing based on Tom, they'd have to anticipate both him and the guy running the board.

I like how Monty's version labeled first, second and third.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version