Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From Whence Originated the Tapes  (Read 3937 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: From Whence Originated the Tapes
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »
Way back in 2009, I was contacted by a guy named Steve Sherman who had audio recordings and home movies of his dad Burt on Jeopardy! in 1968 and wanted help in getting them transferred to a digital format. I got in touch with Kevin Segura, and the rest is history.

Many of the (initial) Hit Man recordings came from KRON (some you could notice the habit of them muting out network promos during the end credits, apparently).
Some of the 1987-88 Sale of the Century OBs also came from KRON, who muted the network plugs in favor of a generic Classic Concentration one.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JMFabiano

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
I was responsible for putting good copies of the Larson Press Your Luck episodes out there (previously they were lousy copies, from what I was told long ago). 
The first time I saw the Larson episode was a very grainy picture of the 2nd episode only. About a year later was when I got the copy of your recordings, in much better quality.
As for me, I can claim some of the USA-era run of PYL, including the sweepstakes spin episode from the final Home Player Game, as well as the Jim Hess "swearing" game. I also put out a clip of the 1990 Carruthers produced 1-900 contest they did that inspired "Lucky Day USA".

Hold up...

Is this the PYL 900 number?  I remember a contest held on USA being described somewhere, with the Whammy and Rod Roddy in the commercial.  (which remains something I'd love to see)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TimK2003

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2021, 07:16:16 PM »
The David Sparks Cross Wits with the all-game-show-hosts episode was a complete fluke from my collection.

I was home from college and leafing thru the local paper's TV listings.  WBNX/55 was a brand new station with a lot of reruns.  The paper listed it as the Jack Clark version, so I found a blank tape and set the timer.

Bummed it wasn't the Clark version, but seeing Goen/Kennedy/Tomarken/Peck ganging up on David well made up for it.