Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales revival coming to HBO Max  (Read 7154 times)

Kniwt

Tattletales revival coming to HBO Max
« on: March 12, 2021, 01:46:31 PM »
https://deadline.com/2021/03/tattletales-game-show-revival-ayesha-curry-stephen-curry-hbo-max-1234713180/

Best-selling author Ayesha Curry and NBA star Stephen Curry are heading to HBO Max with a revival of Fremantle’s classic game show Tattletales. The WarnerMedia streaming service has given a series order to Tattletales, hosted and executive produced by the husband-and-wife duo from Fremantle and Sweet July Productions.

The reimagined Tattletales will bring together celebrity couples to reveal hilarious insights about their relationship through fun challenges and games. Three couples will join Ayesha and Stephen on an exclusive date night to go head-to-head on uncensored relationship trivia and games, competing to see who knows their partner best. As personality quirks and hidden talents are revealed, teams are pushed to their limits with physical challenges. Questions from viewers on the interactive fan question board put couples’ relationships to the test as they compete for a donation to the charity of their choice.

Jimmy Owen

Re: Tattletales revival coming to HBO Max
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »
Probably not using the Convy set.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 02:01:42 PM »
With dirty laundry and "celebreality" shows on cable being what they are, I'm honestly surprised it took this long to do a revival. The physical challenges sound odd, but other than that, it sounds like a fun idea. Gives me game night vibes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PPatters

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 02:04:47 PM »
The physical challenges sounds odd, but other than that, it sounds like a fun idea. Gives me game night vibes.

Yeah, I get that it’s really leaning into that and feels HGN meets Tattletales to me. I’m intrigued.
Patrick

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 03:57:53 PM »
The physical challenges sounds odd, but other than that, it sounds like a fun idea. Gives me game night vibes.

Yeah, I get that it’s really leaning into that and feels HGN meets Tattletales to me. I’m intrigued.

With a touch of what Fremantle did to TTTT in its current version (doubling down on making it a party night-type atmosphere). 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »

With a touch of what Fremantle did to TTTT in its current version (doubling down on making it a party night-type atmosphere).
TTTT is the perfect comparison, and just made me even more optimistic.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »

Excellent point.  Can't wait to see what this ends up to be. :-)
--Matt

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 10:41:37 PM »
I guess I'm not as surprised that "Tattletales" is being rebooted, as I am that it'll be going to HBO Max.

Re. the "physical challenges": Well, Fremantle does own "Beat the Clock"..... :P

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 10:54:23 PM »
I imagine it’ll be something along the lines of your typical game night stunts. Nothing elaborate like on BtC or Minute to Win It.

We played a game similar a few months ago, but I can’t remember the name to save my life. I just remember two players drew a card, one requiring you to commit a goofy verbal action (i.e. talk like Donald Duck until it’s your turn again), and the other had a physical action (disco dance until it’s your turn again). It was actually pretty funny.

/We were socially distanced and all

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 09:07:51 PM »
That sounds like it could be Quelf.
Travis L. Eberle

PPatters

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »
That sounds like it could be Quelf.

I’m sorry, what did you call me? ;) LOL
Patrick

BrandonFG

Neumms

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 12:07:04 PM »
I guess I'm not as surprised that "Tattletales" is being rebooted, as I am that it'll be going to HBO Max.

Me, too. And as an HBO Max subscriber, a Stephen Curry-produced stunt show just like those on my ABC affiliate isn't what I'm looking for.

(That's not entirely because the Minnesota Timberwolves didn't draft him.)

(For a reboot of Trebek Double Dare, I'd double the monthly fee.)

colonial

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 12:51:29 PM »

Me, too. And as an HBO Max subscriber, a Stephen Curry-produced stunt show just like those on my ABC affiliate isn't what I'm looking for.

(That's not entirely because the Minnesota Timberwolves didn't draft him.)

(For a reboot of Trebek Double Dare, I'd double the monthly fee.)

Like most media conglomerates, the focus is on first-run content for streaming, so I can see why AT&T/Warner is pushing this to HBO Max, even though the streamer doesn't air live NBA (and likely won't, barring changes to the current TV contact, until 2025).

I know Discovery plans to push a "streaming first/TV second" initiative with its newer content, so it's possible that AT&T/Warner could do the same, with episodes potentially repurposed for TBS or TNT down the road.

JD

That Don Guy

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 01:02:17 PM »
When I heard "physical challenges," the first thing I thought of was, how close will it be to It's Your Bet?