The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

The Jeopardy! Guest Hosts

<< < (2/4) > >>

PPatters:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on March 11, 2021, 09:04:45 AM ---Producer Mike will choose host Mike.  The others are stunt casting.

--- End quote ---

Producer Mike will not be the only one making the choice. Just as there were higher-ups that hired Mike, the higher-ups will have strong opinions about who takes over one of their cornerstone shows.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: PPatters on March 11, 2021, 03:27:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on March 11, 2021, 09:04:45 AM ---Producer Mike will choose host Mike.  The others are stunt casting.

--- End quote ---

Producer Mike will not be the only one making the choice. Just as there were higher-ups that hired Mike, the higher-ups will have strong opinions about who takes over one of their cornerstone shows.

--- End quote ---
And given how vocal fans were about Dr. Oz, I have a feeling they'll at least consider social media input. The Internet has changed a lot in the 13-1/2 years since TPiR went with Drew Carey.

/13.5 years? There's no way that's right

ChrisLambert!:
Just saw on my DVR listings that Aaron Rodgers will be next on 4/5.

calliaume:
Comedy writer/director/producer/baseball announcer Ken Levine has his review today of Dr. Oz. As you can surmise from the title, it's not good.

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2021/03/the-lounge-lizard-of-oz.html

fthrmulcahy:
So far I would agree with all said about Ken, Mike, and Katie. I favor Mike myself but wouldn’t have a particular problem with either of the other two. My big problem with Dr. Oz is that he hosts as if he’s never seen the show before he got there (I know [hope?] he has). But when he acts all surprised and excited that someone bet big on a daily double or final jeopardy when strategically they have to just rubs me the wrong way.

P.S.: As I’m writing this he is doing a little better with that tonight so I’m sure someone talked to him about it after the first round of tapings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version