The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

The Jeopardy! Guest Hosts

(1/4) > >>

JasonA1:
We've had 3 so far; what do people think?

-Jason

SuperMatch93:
I think Mike has a better reading voice than Ken, but I would say that Ken seems to build a better rapport with the contestants and is a better interviewer.

Katie isn't doing it for me at all. Way too robotic.

Jimmy Owen:
Producer Mike will choose host Mike.  The others are stunt casting. 

Clay Zambo:
I didn't expect to like Ken as much as I did. There was sort of an "I've stood where you're standing and I know how hard it is" vibe about him that I really liked.

Mike was fine, though he seemed more disappointed in wrong responses than Ken did--sort of "well, everybody knows that..."

Katie has great rapport with the contestants in their interviews; I'd be surprised if she hadn't. I like her cheerfulness, which seems to put the contestants at ease (my wife said: "She's having a great time, and because of that, so are they!"). But I don't get any sense of authority. I know perfectly well that *all* the hosts take cues from the production table, but it sounds like she wouldn't know if a response was correct or not without the cues.

If I had to choose among the three, it'd be Ken without question.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on March 11, 2021, 12:03:36 PM ---I didn't expect to like Ken as much as I did. There was sort of an "I've stood where you're standing and I know how hard it is" vibe about him that I really liked.

Mike was fine, though he seemed more disappointed in wrong responses than Ken did--sort of "well, everybody knows that..."

Katie has great rapport with the contestants in their interviews; I'd be surprised if she hadn't. I like her cheerfulness, which seems to put the contestants at ease (my wife said: "She's having a great time, and because of that, so are they!"). But I don't get any sense of authority. I know perfectly well that *all* the hosts take cues from the production table, but it sounds like she wouldn't know if a response was correct or not without the cues.

If I had to choose among the three, it'd be Ken without question.

--- End quote ---
I agree with all three. To me, Ken was the only one whose delivery felt smooth and down-to-earth. His delivery and cadence was fine, but Mike was too game showy IMO, and came across as a little too slick at times. It felt disingenuous. To me, he also sounded like he was double-checking his sheet to see if a contestant was correct, instead of being confident about it.

I think if Katie can get out of newsreader mode, she'll be fine. There were times where I felt her clue reading felt a little robotic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version