Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TJW audience game question  (Read 1595 times)

SuperMatch93

TJW audience game question
« on: March 01, 2021, 06:44:42 PM »
Was watching some Joker's Wild the other day when it occurred to me that in all the audience games I've seen in that show, I've never seen one where two or three players tie on their qualifying spin.

Has anyone seen that happen before, and if so, how was it handled?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Neumms

Re: TJW audience game question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 09:17:24 PM »
Another question: Was there a time when players could give back the result of their first spin and take a second?

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:33 PM »
I can tell you with certainty that I saw one audience round where two people tied for first. 

I believe (not as certain) they just had the two top players spin again and they both got the total of their two spins combined with the higher score continuing on to Face The Devil.

chrisholland03

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 07:57:36 AM »
I can tell you with certainty that I saw one audience round where two people tied for first. 

I believe (not as certain) they just had the two top players spin again and they both got the total of their two spins combined with the higher score continuing on to Face The Devil.

This aligns with what I remember as well.  One of us probably has the episode, but I'm not going to dig for it ;)

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:32:19 PM »
Don't think it's turned up yet, but on Jack's (real)* last episode, there was indeed a three-way tie.  Or so I remember it being mentioned. 

When the AG began, didn't contestants take two spins? 

* - as opposed to the 1984 episode on the trading circuit that someone claimed was his last...it was one of what turned out to be a series where someone dubbed The Savers intro and closing over the show's opening and end credits. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Bryce L.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:48:19 PM »
When the AG began, didn't contestants take two spins? 
AFAIK, yes. That was when it was only played weekly. When they started playing it every day, is when the normal "one spin per customer" rule took effect.