The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game show false memories

<< < (2/44) > >>

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: Brian44 on February 25, 2021, 09:26:55 AM ---Until I saw TPIR reruns on GSN during the Dark Period, I always thought the Give or Keep board was set at center stage instead of to the left of the turntable.

--- End quote ---

And speaking of, I was sure Give or Keep was always played as the first stage game.

Sodboy13:
I thought that if a player hit zero on $ale of the Century, they were out of the game.

PPatters:
Not a false memory as much as me being a stupid kid. My grandma got GSN as soon as it came out. I was 8. I remember watching the shows, not understanding the concept of reruns, and thought all the episodes were new... I would get so confused when Bob’s hair would be darker on TPIR.

BrandonFG:
Don’t know if this really counts, but as a child, I thought all game shows were recorded live, and wondered how they managed to get clips for promos that aired in advance.

I also remember an incident on PYL where Peter walked over to the board and asked who was in there, and they tossed out a piece of clothing. I wanna say I thought the Whammy was a real creature who lived behind the board.

For years, on the 80s Pyramid, I thought if a contestant won both Winner’s Circles, that they went home with $35,000, and not an augmented $25K.

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 25, 2021, 01:44:10 PM ---For years, on the 80s Pyramid, I thought if a contestant won both Winner’s Circles, that they went home with $35,000, and not an augmented $25K.

--- End quote ---

I thought that too, until I saw on Donnymid that they flashed both a $15,000 and $25,000 graphic and was able to put it together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version