Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Game Show Website I Created for Fun  (Read 959 times)

PPatters

A New Game Show Website I Created for Fun
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

This may be weird, but I’m a big fan of MeTV, but also game shows. I imagine many of you are too. (I’m also a fan of Buzzfeed quizzes). One thing I love about MeTV is that they send a newsletter, linking to various quizzes (trivia and personality), listicles, and articles. (Essentially, they’ve created a BuzzFeed-like community and experience for classic television. It’s a great way to connect enthusiasts who are younger AND older). They also sell merch! Buzzr has started to do this, but not nearly as well as MeTV.

I’ve decided to try to create a similar experience for game shows. I’m calling it ZonkSpinBlank. I’ve created a few examples of quizzes, listicles, and merch (not yet actually available). It’s in like a before-Beta phase (I’m working on a logo and visual identity and all that jazz) lol I’m quite nervous to even share this, because this is something I’m doing purely for fun, out of my own passion. As a result, I’ve invested my own money into creating the website and all that (from the hosting to the artwork on the merch); this is obviously a money-losing venture for me since I won’t be using ads (as it should be, since this is just a passion project). I’d love your ideas on how this seems to you. Also, if you want to contribute, I’d love your contributions. (Please don’t be too harsh on me, though constructive feedback is obviously welcome. I’m really just doing this for fun.)

Thanks so much for listening to my ramble. (Also, if this belongs in a different forum or qualifies as “advertising,” please move or close it. I wasn’t sure. Thanks!)

Take care!
Patrick