The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Nickeleodeon's newest game show, Tooned In, a review

<< < (2/2)

BrandonFG:
I just skimmed through an episode. I'll admit they could prolly tone down the slime a bit, maybe only use it when someone answers wrong, and an opponent gets it right. But overall, kids will tune in for the slime, just like we did 30 years ago. I actually didn't know they still did "green slime" until Nick aired the playoff game last month, so maybe they'll get back to their roots.

My only question is do they run out of questions by only asking about Nicktoons of the last few years?

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 22, 2021, 10:04:26 AM ---I just skimmed through an episode. I'll admit they could prolly tone down the slime a bit, maybe only use it when someone answers wrong, and an opponent gets it right. But overall, kids will tune in for the slime, just like we did 30 years ago. I actually didn't know they still did "green slime" until Nick aired the playoff game last month, so maybe they'll get back to their roots.

My only question is do they run out of questions by only asking about Nicktoons of the last few years?

--- End quote ---

The show's logo that was posted on the V&C board showed Hey Arnold, but I'm wondering if the nearing-30-year-old Rugrats episodes are well known among the youngins nowadays.

/"Dear Ronald Thump, if you ever want to see your precious liddle baby Thump again, bring a million smackers in unmarked bills to 22 Elm Street."

MSTieScott:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 22, 2021, 10:04:26 AM ---My only question is do they run out of questions by only asking about Nicktoons of the last few years?

--- End quote ---

No, because more than half of the questions are things like tests of visual acuity and memory. Even if a child has had the good sense to have never seen an episode of Pig Goat Banana Cricket, they don't need to know the show to spot the difference between two pictures of the characters.

If worse comes to worse, they can just write questions where the wrong answers are clearly wrong ("On Rocko's Modern Life, what animal is Rocko's pet Spunky? Shark, buffalo, or dog?").

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on February 22, 2021, 12:38:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 22, 2021, 10:04:26 AM ---My only question is do they run out of questions by only asking about Nicktoons of the last few years?

--- End quote ---

No, because more than half of the questions are things like tests of visual acuity and memory. Even if a child has had the good sense to have never seen an episode of Pig Goat Banana Cricket, they don't need to know the show to spot the difference between two pictures of the characters.

If worse comes to worse, they can just write questions where the wrong answers are clearly wrong ("On Rocko's Modern Life, what animal is Rocko's pet Spunky? Shark, buffalo, or dog?").

--- End quote ---

Also, per a disclaimer at the end of the show,

"Prior to taping, all contestants were provided a study list of specific Nickelodeon cartoons that could represent the source of some of the questions and answers found on the program. In addition, contestants were allowed to choose the Nickelodeon show to study from that list if they were to play the end game."

jjman920:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on February 22, 2021, 12:38:31 PM ---If worse comes to worse, they can just write questions where the wrong answers are clearly wrong ("On Rocko's Modern Life, what animal is Rocko's pet Spunky? Shark, buffalo, or dog?").

--- End quote ---
They've got that covered. They asked about a character and what they spoke two of, and the choices were "Languages, Sandwiches, Two Words at the Same Time"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version