The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Deschanel and Bolton to Host “Celebrity Dating Game”

<< < (2/4) > >>

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on February 18, 2021, 08:24:05 PM ---Gotta be honest.....I'm not a fan of the Dating Game - yet I think this is absolutely a great idea to refresh a tired format.

--- End quote ---
Unpopular opinion: that first season they did with Brad Sherwood wasn't a bad idea. Same for the Gary Kroeger version of The Newlywed Game. They just needed different titles, IMO.

PYLdude:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 18, 2021, 09:06:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: tvwxman on February 18, 2021, 08:24:05 PM ---Gotta be honest.....I'm not a fan of the Dating Game - yet I think this is absolutely a great idea to refresh a tired format.

--- End quote ---
Unpopular opinion: that first season they with Brad Sherwood wasn't a bad idea. Same for the Gary Kroger version of The Newlywed Game. They just needed different titles, IMO.

--- End quote ---

I’m with you on the second half of the pair. Honestly I think they could’ve done a hybrid (do two question rounds with one of the games added for the new show, and maybe finish with the this/that round if there was time).

trainman:
I stand by my snap judgment in the previous thread about this, unless Zooey Deschanel is available for dating. (I see she's currently dating one of the Property Brothers, but I think I can take him, unless he tag-teams with the other Property Brother.)

Kniwt:
The disappointment when clicking through and finding they weren't talking about John Bolton. 😀😈😜

calliaume:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 18, 2021, 09:06:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Unpopular opinion: that first season they did with Brad Sherwood wasn't a bad idea. Same for the Gary Kroger version of The Newlywed Game. They just needed different titles, IMO.

--- End quote ---
Also agreed. The Dating Game was not a strong format to begin with--if the contestants didn't say anything naughty or funny (and how much of that material was written by Barris staffers?), it wouldn't have had a following at all. A change is needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version