Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr 2/22 - Concentration stays fresh  (Read 6655 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Buzzr 2/22 - Concentration stays fresh
« on: February 08, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »
Looks like when Concentration moves to mornings, it'll remain fresh!

- Blockbusters returns to 166 on 2/26
- Body Language stays fresh
- Classic Concentration at 8PM ET jumps back to #62
- the evening Password Plus looks like it's jumping around all sorts of places in 1980
- Card Sharks '78 goes back to 142

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr 2/22 - Concentration stays fresh
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 02:16:15 PM »
We run out of new Cullen Price that week as well. They go on to shows from 1962 that they've shown before.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »
- the evening Password Plus looks like it's jumping around all sorts of places in 1980
Looks like three Lucy eps (with Dick Martin) and two Betty While/Gene Rayburn eps (think they've all been shown before in various Buzzr tribute blocks).  What 3/1 brings will be the acid test.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
We run out of new Cullen Price that week as well. They go on to shows from 1962 that they've shown before.
(FLIPS TABLE)

JohnXXVII

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 08:18:09 PM »
I've enjoyed watching these "new" Cullen TPIR episodes from 1959. It's been fun seeing them air in pretty much consecutive order, with only a few skips.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 11:18:10 PM »
Looks like three Lucy eps (with Dick Martin) and two Betty While/Gene Rayburn eps (think they've all been shown before in various Buzzr tribute blocks).  What 3/1 brings will be the acid test.
3/1 and 3/2 are the two Kennedy-hosted eps from their tribute (OAD:  10/28-29/80), then they go back to May 1979 on 3/3.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Bryce L.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 12:29:13 AM »
Good news and bad news...

Bad news: Last fresh Narz Concentration is on 2/26; on 3/1 they start shuffling through them, same way they do Supermarket Sweep.
Good news: We get fresh Classic Concentration (1pm hour) starting on 3/8!

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »

Bad news: Last fresh Narz Concentration is on 2/26; on 3/1 they start shuffling through them, same way they do Supermarket Sweep.

Tonight at 10 CT I tuned in BUZZR expecting to see Narz Concentration only to find it was an 80s Trebek version.  I didn't see it at 7 PM CT or either broadcast yesterday (Monday the 22), so please tell me without being snide, is BUZZR out of Narz shows and only Trebeks will air in their place?  I DID see the message that the last fresh Narz ep will be this Friday.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 11:41:56 PM »

Tonight at 10 CT I tuned in BUZZR expecting to see Narz Concentration only to find it was an 80s Trebek version.  I didn't see it at 7 PM CT or either broadcast yesterday (Monday the 22), so please tell me without being snide, is BUZZR out of Narz shows and only Trebeks will air in their place?  I DID see the message that the last fresh Narz ep will be this Friday.

Narz Concentration was moved to 9 a.m. Eastern.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 12:34:12 AM »

Page 2 of this topic.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
On the Thursday episode of Concentration, they played the Money Game at the end of the show and, unlike normal instances when it is played, it was actually solved before the time's up buzzer sounded. Which is cool, because I don't know if I've seen that before. What was weird was that after the show came back from a final break Jack explained to the winning contestant that because she had solved the puzzle and there wasn't time to play for the car in Double Play, that she'd just be awarded $500, which...confuses me? I thought the Money Game was solely a bonus and all you won was the money you had accumulated (or $50 if you had no money). Was it a rule if you solve a puzzle before time's up you're supposed to play Double Play?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
P+ Is definitely bouncing around 1980, now with Judy Norton Taylor/ Greg Morris/ Jim Perry/ Nancy Walker

Bryce L.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:56 PM »
^ the "bouncing" won't last much longer; on Wednesday the 3rd they go to episode 94 (Nancy Lane and Jon Bauman, 5/17/79) and go in order from there.

JMFabiano

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »
^ the "bouncing" won't last much longer; on Wednesday the 3rd they go to episode 94 (Nancy Lane and Jon Bauman, 5/17/79) and go in order from there.

It's a habit of Buzzr.  They run what they have so far, then jump to whatever they converted for marathons/etc. then go back.  They happened to have those Kennedy episodes from the TK tribute, for instance.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chrisholland03

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 08:54:16 AM »
They're literally airing them in numerical order based upon what they've converted.