Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: State Lottery TV Shows Over The Decades...What's Been Saved?  (Read 2811 times)

TimK2003

State Lottery TV Shows Over The Decades...What's Been Saved?
« on: February 04, 2021, 08:33:32 PM »
Weekly state lottery shows have been around for nearly 40 years now.  Most of these shows were pre-recorded, but the tapes were either re-used and/or purged.

Most of what is out there in collections or on the internet was privately recorded by fans or contestants.

Of the past and present state lottery shows, what states/shows have at least one surviving episode?

Here are a few that I either have general episodes on tape or know that are out there:

OHIO:
Cash Explosion and Make Me Rich...Various hosts.
(ORI

(Have *not* seen any 70s versions ot the OH Lottery Pot of Gold shows nor the 70s Michigan Lottery show hosted by Tom Shannon)

ILLINOIS:
Illinois Instant Riches (various incarnations & hosts)

CALIFORNIA:
Big Spin (Various Hosts)

Others?

nowhammies10

Re: State Lottery TV Shows Over The Decades...What's Been Saved?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:46:26 PM »
NY had New York Wired, in the Jonathan Goodson/Steve Ryan family.

al126cg1

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »
FLORIDA:
Flamingo Fortune(various incarnations & hosts)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 09:53:40 PM »
Illinois: $100,000 Fortune Hunt, aka Ding! Dang! Dong!. Several episodes are on YouTube.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:31:10 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 09:56:29 PM »
Wisconsin's Money Game has a few episodes YouTube. I know of at least two each with Mark Johnson and Parker Drew at the helm.

Ironically, its "successor," Super Money Game, does not seem to be on YouTube.

/Honestly, it can stay dead.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:07:52 PM by WhammyPower »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 10:12:24 PM »
The Hoosier Lottery (IN) appears to have retained copies of at least some of the run [of] Hoosier Millionaire - they posted a large batch of episodes several years ago to Youtube in time for the show's 25th anniversary (including the one-off 25th anniversary special) and until the pandemic started posted a "new" rerun a couple times per year. And clips have also occasionally shown up on their social.   The oldest episode they've posted is eight months into the run (May 1990), while they've avoided the show's generally unpopular 2000s reboot entirely.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 11:54:38 AM by Chelsea Thrasher »

Bob Zager

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 10:33:32 PM »
(Have *not* seen any 70s versions ot the OH Lottery Pot of Gold shows nor the 70s Michigan Lottery show hosted by Tom Shannon)

That Michigan Lottery show was called "Michigame" hosted by Tom Shannon, and later Tom Ryan.

The Michigan lottery later tried a new format originally called "Fame and Fortune," re-titled "Mega Bucks Giveaway," and finally "Road to Riches"

Game Wolf

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 01:36:16 AM »
Oregon:
The Money Game

tvmitch

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 01:45:24 PM »
The Pennsylvania Lottery aired exactly one episode of this type of game show, with Dick Clark as host, in the late 90s. The games were a clone of Illinois Instant Riches. I know the episode was on the trading circuit awhile back and I likely have it on a tape somewhere.
You should follow me on Twitter

Allstar87

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 02:13:58 PM »
Illinois: $100,000 Fortune Hunt, aka Ding! Dang! Dong!. Several episodes are on YouTube.

The vast majority of them are from Jeff Coopwood's tenure, recorded and uploaded by Jeff himself. He mentioned he did the first one because a former contestant wanted a copy, and neither the lottery nor WGN were able to help. After that, he decided to post all he had.

There's very little of his successor, Mike Jackson...which isn't too big a loss, his era was definitely inferior.

jage

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
When Aggie Usedly, the long time voice of the lottery in MI, died in 2019, there was a small clip from one of the shows used on a channel 4 piece that was not of broadcast quality. Not sure if that's because there was no tapes to go to or they just needed to find something quickly. Actually I didn't realize she had passed. Very sad.

That Don Guy

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 05:24:58 PM »
California's The Big Spin replacement, Make Me a Millionaire, has some episodes on YouTube

bulldog_06

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »
Missouri Lottery had Fun & Fortune and there are some episodes on YouTube...albeit not a lot. No Geoff Edwards pilot edition either.

golden-road

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 01:40:42 AM »

The vast majority of them are from Jeff Coopwood's tenure, recorded and uploaded by Jeff himself. He mentioned he did the first one because a former contestant wanted a copy, and neither the lottery nor WGN were able to help. After that, he decided to post all he had.

There's very little of his successor, Mike Jackson...which isn't too big a loss, his era was definitely inferior.

One of the best themes I've ever heard. Yeah, only one episode with Mike Jackson featuring a set change that IIRC they kept until the end of the run.