Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF on Netflix  (Read 1790 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
WOF on Netflix
« on: February 03, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »
Coming February 15. Wouldn't mind the first episode of each season treatment like they gave Jeopardy when it debuted.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Re: WOF on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:16 PM »
Just some random episodes from season 34 - 37. M'eh.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 12:15:38 AM »
Could it be because of music clearances? When showing classic clips, Wheel often dubs over old theme songs and cues, though it seems they should already have rights to all of it.

That being said, part of the fun of Classic Wheel is that the puzzles were often relevant TV shows and celebs, not to mention Vanna's wardrobe or the prizes. Really hope they choose to show some classic nighttime Wheel at some point, because I think that's the kind of stuff that could go viral and create some positive buzz.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:33:10 AM »
That being said, part of the fun of Classic Wheel is that the puzzles were often relevant TV shows and celebs, not to mention Vanna's wardrobe or the prizes. Really hope they choose to show some classic nighttime Wheel at some point, because I think that's the kind of stuff that could go viral and create some positive buzz.
I also think it gives them an opportunity to get a new generation of fans who never knew about shopping or a manual board. Considering there are now college grads who only know of Vanna touching a monitor to reveal a letter, I think shopping era or manual board episodes would blow their minds. Kinda like when folks realized “the mom from Schitt’s Creek is the mom from Home Alone”.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
Just some random episodes from season 34 - 37. M'eh.

Something something they don't want to expose how much the show sucks now. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.