Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Today's random connection: All About Us from '85  (Read 2188 times)

BrandonFG

Today's random connection: All About Us from '85
« on: February 02, 2021, 06:30:42 PM »
A while ago, I read about a show called Inday from the mid-80s. It was a two-hour block of "infotainment" lifestyle shows, each running for half an hour. Prolly about 30 years ahead of its time, given what we've seen with expanded versions of Today and GMA.

Anyway, one of the shows, All About Us featured a very interesting set. The rotating video wall fascinates the hell outta me, but look closely at the octagon-ish backdrops. They're from the 21 pilot from a few years earlier.

Look even closer. On one of the monitors in the top row, the swirling wheel graphic from Bullseye. Tying all this together: All About Us was a Jack Barry-Dan Enright Production.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

Re: Today's random connection: All About Us from '85
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:22:57 AM »
Gosh, Rose Marie looked stunning.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
My guess is this was the last gasp for the Independent Network News midday expansion; if I’m not mistaken it was dropped not long after this.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »
If memory serves, the globe of monitors was put together to be part of a B&E show that failed to sell a couple of years earlier, Strange As It Seems. https://barry-enright.fandom.com/wiki/Strange_as_it_Seems?file=StrangeasitSeemsAd1981.png

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 06:15:17 PM »
Gosh, Rose Marie looked stunning.
. Yes, she was Stacked.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 09:24:25 PM »
Was that his wife?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

gamed121683

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 09:54:22 PM »
Was that his wife?

Of nearly 50 years, yep!

dazztardly

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 08:20:44 PM »
Some show information... Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1985/09/05/arts/inday-new-step-in-tv-syndication.html

"Inday News'' will be followed by ''All About Us,'' with Ron Hendren, formerly of ''Entertainment Tonight,'' as host. It will offer brief profiles of an assortment of characters including ''Gangland Granny,'' a woman who works with juvenile gangs, and a ''pet bereavement counselor."

-Dan