Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 25 Words Or Less coming to BUZZR 1/18  (Read 11371 times)

chargeradiocom

Re: 25 Words Or Less coming to BUZZR 1/18
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 01:05:08 AM »
Let's say you're handling the programming and scheduling for Affiliate in Town, State. You're clearing 25 Words on your station in a decent enough time slot.  The numbers are probably ok but not spectacular, but that's the dumpster fire that is syndication in 2021.

All of a sudden, you find out that the station across town is going to be handed practically new episodes of the same show on one of their subchannels.  One of those kids down in digital mentioned something about the show being available on some streaming thing called "two bee" (tubi) but you don't quite know what that is.  What you do know is that suddenly the show you're clearing is going to be airing in prime slots on another station. Maybe you've got a contract to air the show at 12:35am ET (many contracts have a general time window specified).  Buzzr's running the show at 12:30a.  Yeah, I'd probably be a little chuffed about that at the station level.

Could have been that; could have been the *fear* of that unpleasant conversation causing FOX to back out.

Yeah, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to learn that already, Fox First Run sent out a PR piece about it innocently trying to hype the show, some station managers saw it, called up their Fox reps & raised Cain.

I see what you did there. 

Ha! ;D I honestly wasn’t thinking about that when I posted. Maybe it was in my subconscious.

I guess they are doing something right, as MG/HS is still in the prime time block and in several other spots.  (and as I've said all along, it wasn't a BAD show, warts and all.  But that's another story for another day)

Agreed. I will say that at times, they can be—what looks to us at least—a bit stubborn with scheduling (see Temptation). But they probably have access to some numbers that we don’t. Even without Nielsen, I’d be surprised if they’re not using a smaller ratings service (Comscore, GfK, etc.) that probably gives them the info they need. For that matter, I’d imagine they get some data from Pluto, STIRR, et. al. on who’s streaming. So I’m willing to think they’re seeing some info we’re not, telling them it’s a good idea to keep it where it is. And I agree with you about the show itself. I’ve said before that I thought it was more mediocre than outright bad.

JMFabiano

Re: 25 Words Or Less coming to BUZZR 1/18
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
Agreed. I will say that at times, they can be—what looks to us at least—a bit stubborn with scheduling (see Temptation). But they probably have access to some numbers that we don’t. Even without Nielsen, I’d be surprised if they’re not using a smaller ratings service (Comscore, GfK, etc.) that probably gives them the info they need. For that matter, I’d imagine they get some data from Pluto, STIRR, et. al. on who’s streaming. So I’m willing to think they’re seeing some info we’re not, telling them it’s a good idea to keep it where it is. And I agree with you about the show itself. I’ve said before that I thought it was more mediocre than outright bad.

Yes, which -- and this is just a theory -- why I think Family Feud is not used in accessible hours outside of marathons and specials.  Perhaps it is just not as big a ratings grabber as say, Match Game.   

/Unless the rumblings about Dawson and the female contestants being "problematic" were true.
//Coming from Social Media Fans, I'd take it with a grain of salt. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.