Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM preempted for news coverage  (Read 2661 times)

brianhenke

WWTBAM preempted for news coverage
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:12:08 PM »
  ABC is preempting  its three-hour WWTBAM marathon in favor of coverage of the Capitol siege. (Also, ABC and NBC expanded its news coverage to an hour, meaning games in the Eastern and Central time zones were preempted or moved to their digital stations.) Name That Tune is airing on Fox, it was preceded by a Fox News bulletin.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Fedya

Re: WWTBAM preempted for news coverage
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:11 AM »
Can the cable company figure out a way to pre-empt Alex's final J! episode on Friday just to Brian's house?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:47:39 AM »
(Also, ABC and NBC expanded its news coverage to an hour, meaning games in the Eastern and Central time zones were preempted or moved to their digital stations.)

Not everywhere. WPVI in Philly, at least, ran Jeopardy at 7pm as scheduled.

jmangin

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »
During a violent attempted overthrow of the U.S. government you're posting about a game show preemption.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »
During a violent attempted overthrow of the U.S. government you're posting about a game show preemption.
I believe kids these days would say that's (checks notes) "On brand" for Brian.

/Get off my lawn
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »
I believe kids these days would say that's (checks notes) "On brand" for Brian.

/Get off my lawn

Indeed. Now if it happened in CINCINNATI, that would be another story, and I'm sure Brian would tell us all about it.

jmangin

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:07 AM »
Brian, what actually are you contributing to this forum? Your posts are mostly about pre-emptions of programming in Cincinnati or notification of someone's birthday.

New registration to this site has been closed for years. But is this really the type of content we should be seeing in this community?

Taking a step back, yes, they are game shows. It's just television content that is meant to entertain, and there will always be far more important things happening in the world than game shows.

You do not need to create a new topic in the main discussion forum every time something is preempted in Cincinnati. None of us care about it.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
Brian, what actually are you contributing to this forum? Your posts are mostly about pre-emptions of programming in Cincinnati or notification of someone's birthday.

New registration to this site has been closed for years. But is this really the type of content we should be seeing in this community?

Taking a step back, yes, they are game shows. It's just television content that is meant to entertain, and there will always be far more important things happening in the world than game shows.

You do not need to create a new topic in the main discussion forum every time something is preempted in Cincinnati. None of us care about it.

While I appreciate your attempt, It's been nearly 20 years that Brian has been doing this, and it's always fallen on deaf ears. He just doesn't care.

carlisle96

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:41:40 PM »
  ABC is preempting  its three-hour WWTBAM marathon in favor of coverage of the Capitol siege. (Also, ABC and NBC expanded its news coverage to an hour, meaning games in the Eastern and Central time zones were preempted or moved to their digital stations.) Name That Tune is airing on Fox, it was preceded by a Fox News bulletin.

Brian
It's the words "in favor of coverage" that gets me