Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! Guest Host news...  (Read 24907 times)

tvwxman

Re: J! Guest Host news...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2021, 04:22:48 PM »

J!'s own press release said that he would do two weeks after Ken's six so that the other guest hosts have ample time to prepare.
Cause that's what they need....An extra week to prep for a job they don't really want but would be fun to try.

When's he going up? During Feb sweeps?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

trainman

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:17 PM »
J!'s own press release said that he would do two weeks after Ken's six so that the other guest hosts have ample time to prepare.

I read that as "...so the Covid-19 surge has time to die down in Los Angeles County."
trainman is a man of trains

Bob Zager

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 11:42:59 AM »
Whatever the final decision, I would still like to see LeVar Burton and Mark L. Walberg get a shot at guest-hosting the show.

I'm a bit surprised to see Ken hosting while sitting down, which started when Alex injured his leg years earlier.  I think it looks a little unfair that the host sits, but the contestants don't.  The contestants sat on the Art Fleming hosted shows, and the original pilot to the current one.

chrisholland03

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »
I enjoy Mark L on Antiques Roadshow, which might be a limiting factor in his availability

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
Did Antiques Roadshow do their annual stops in 2020?  I saw bits and pieces of the premiere earlier this month, and I don't recall hearing MLW.  IIRC, they just showed old clips with a shared theme and showed the appraised value then vs. the 2020/1 appraised value.

weaklink75

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2021, 02:52:46 PM »
I enjoy Mark L on Antiques Roadshow, which might be a limiting factor in his availability

He's only been doing narration for the show the past few years, so he'd be available...

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »

He's only been doing narration for the show the past few years, so he'd be available...

..........he *is* available, last I checked. "Roadshow" has a new narrator as of last year.

chrisholland03

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »
Yeah, I went back and our local station is reairing old episodes as new. 

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »
As long as they seem to be doing stunt casting, the Clue Crew or even Johnny Gilbert could take the reins for a few shows. Jim from WOF could sub-announce
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Casey

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money we won't see Johnny Gilbert hosting an episode....

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 01:02:52 PM »
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money we won't see Johnny Gilbert hosting an episode....
You're probably right.  He actually has experience hosting a game show. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2021, 04:06:33 PM »
As long as they seem to be doing stunt casting, the Clue Crew or even Johnny Gilbert could take the reins for a few shows. Jim from WOF could sub-announce
Actually being serious though, Jimmy from the Clue Crew hosts the practice games for contestants prior to the taping beginning. I thought it'd be a nice gesture to give him the chance to host the show. He'd be no more of a stranger to viewers than Mike Richards and would clearly be more recognizable given his 20(!) years delivering clues. But maybe he doesn't want to do it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2021, 08:54:43 PM »
Alex had a warmth about him.

Ken appeared to be (justifiably) nervous.

He got the words out but was lacking in warmth and seemed brittle. He is not a polished TV performer. Not a slam on Ken — it happens to actors all the time. He isn't "right" for the part.

Read up on how Carl Reiner cast the part of Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show. They auditioned dozens of actresses until MTM finally read for, and won, the part.

Alex was versatile. He handled High Rollers and Concentration differently from Jeopardy! but was very good on all of them.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »
Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz, Dr Sanya Gupta, and Savannah  Guthrie latest announced guest hosts.

trainman

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 11:31:10 PM »
Ken is seeming more comfortable on this week's shows than he was for his first few weeks.
trainman is a man of trains