Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! Guest Host news...  (Read 25027 times)

Mr. Armadillo

Re: J! Guest Host news...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 12:40:35 PM »
Ken's greenness sometimes showed through, but that's to be expected. The episode still felt very much like an episode of Jeopardy!, which in my opinion, means he succeeded.

This is the part where I remember that Jeopardy!'s announcer is 96 years old and begin to worry again.  Johnny's voice is another one of those irreplaceable effects that makes an episode of Jeopardy! feel like an episode of Jeopardy!, and he won't be there forever.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »
Peyton Manning has been attached to a College Bowl reboot (that's being co-produced by Eli and Cooper Manning on top of that)

No disrespect intended - and I'm not speaking of this specific situation necessarily either - but it's a good time to remind ourselves many (most?) star-related producer credits are ceremonial. It's come up in a thread or two lately, and I thought it bore mentioning. :)

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

snowpeck

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »
Per a news release that just landed in my inbox, we can add Bill Whitaker and Mayim Bialik to the list of guest hosts as well. Mike Richards will also host two weeks of shows immediately after Ken's are done.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

weaklink75

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:54 PM »
And in a nice touch-for the celeb hosts, the show will donate whatever the total amount won by the winners is that week to a charity of the celebs choice...

I personally doubt Mike Richards really wants the full-time gig- the reason he's doing two weeks is that it probably took a few taping days to decide they'd go the celeb guest host route.

My thinking is-if Ken does this week and next, then Mike does the next two weeks, the 4 celeb hosts announced take them through February. They'll probably do more guest hosts for the rest of the season (some for one week, perhaps some for two); then make the final decision in May and have that person start up full-time in September (perhaps they delay the TOC and start next season with it).

JMFabiano

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 04:52:07 PM »
This does remind me...

Was there a reason why the TPIR tryouts were not televised? 

(Probably different companies, different practices)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

snowpeck

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
This does remind me...

Bob didn't retire in the middle of a production season.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 05:07:58 PM »
This does remind me...

Bob didn't retire in the middle of a production season.
And that's another thing, Bob actually retired. Alex didn't have that luxury.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 05:40:50 PM »
If you know you are going to be a contestant during on Mayim Balek's,  you should probably study famous Beaches and Flowers.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 03:43:50 AM »
Have they considered Eugene Levy?  :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

vtown7

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 07:14:44 AM »
Just to clarify - is Mike Richards "booked" to host?  I hadn't seen that anywhere else.
Thanks,
Ryan.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 07:52:44 AM »
Just to clarify - is Mike Richards "booked" to host?  I hadn't seen that anywhere else.
Thanks,
Ryan.

J!'s own press release said that he would do two weeks after Ken's six so that the other guest hosts have ample time to prepare.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 10:30:20 AM »
Mike Richards is heir-apparent.  I'd be very surprised if he is not selected as permanent host.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SamPrainito

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »
Mike Richards is heir-apparent.  I'd be very surprised if he is not selected as permanent host.

I’m inclined to agree.  He was the face of the show right after Alex died, appearing on the “Today” show. 

It’s either going to be Ken or Mike.

Ken is better known, but Mike has the experience.

But if Mike gets the job, wouldn’t that take him away from all the other responsibilities that Sony brought him in to take care of in the first place?

cmjb13

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2021, 11:10:05 AM »
I don’t see it, but stranger things have happened.

I thought he would have gotten hosting out of his system by now.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Casey

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2021, 01:15:44 PM »

I’m inclined to agree.  He was the face of the show right after Alex died, appearing on the “Today” show. 

He's also the Executive Producer.  Who else should be speaking for the show during this time?