Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings apologizes for past tweets...  (Read 3001 times)

weaklink75

Ken Jennings apologizes for past tweets...
« on: December 30, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »
I guess to try and pre-empt any criticisms about them when he starts his J! guest hosting stint?

https://tvline.com/2020/12/30/ken-jennings-jeopardy-host-apology-offensive-tweets/

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: Ken Jennings apologizes for past tweets...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 08:34:51 PM »
Not pre-empting, but rather already trying to quell. More than one site picked up the growing criticism of his tweets that started a month ago right as he started filming his first episodes.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/11/ken-jennings-ableist-tweets-threaten-jeopardy-hosting-1234600615/

It wasn't a ton but, I'm sure with his episodes now less than two weeks from beginning to air, these types of stories are going to pick up steam and hopefully they'll cut most of it off.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:34:46 PM »
And then there was that time he defended "Bean Dad", a poster with his own history of offensive tweets.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PPatters

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
And then there was that time he defended "Bean Dad", a poster with his own history of offensive tweets.

Woof. “Bean dad” has been exposed as an antisemite and racist. Ken’s close affiliation may be... troublesome. Some of Bean Dad’s greatest hits are here and here. He ended up deleting his account. I don’t think this will likely reflect too well on his podcast co-host as he tries to get the full-time gig hosting Jeopardy!.
Patrick

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 10:35:43 PM »
I believe the phrase is "to be hoist by one's own petard," and since everyone knows the rules I'm here for it. On the other hand, it's not against the law to have a sense of humor that is several degrees away from the ecliptic, and Jeopardy needs Jennings more than the other way around. I would be ever so happy to show Ken clemency if he were to demonstrate it himself, but he's made plenty of money and has passive income from book sales and the like--he can certainly afford to be abrasive.

/I would have gone to Officer Frank or Brad Rutter first, but I wouldn't choose them as permanent host.
//Nor would I have gone to Laura Coates.
///I'd have to know who she is first.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 08:09:44 PM »
petard

Do NOT use that word.

/oh, PEtard
//carry on
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe