Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cullen TPIR editing home viewer names/addresses  (Read 3684 times)

Kniwt

Cullen TPIR editing home viewer names/addresses
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
Granted, I haven't been watching all of the Cullen TPIRs now on Buzzr, but just now (12/19) I saw something I hadn't seen before on either the Buzzr or GSN airings:

When Bill revealed the five finalists in the home-viewer contest and showed their postcards, the viewers' names and addresses were blurred out, and the audio of the names and addresses was deleted, obviously in (close to?) the present day.

I'm fairly sure I've heard both names and addresses on TPIR before. Is this something new, or wasn't I paying attention?

(Insert your own reminiscence about when airing viewers' names and addresses on nationwide TV wasn't viewed as a problem.)

Fedya

Re: Cullen TPIR editing home viewer names/addresses
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 08:43:43 AM »
Maybe the winners were midgets and that's why the blurring was done.

/sarcasm
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »
I think one of the PiR reruns on the Pluto channel had Barker recalling his childhood address, and that got bleeped out as well. Probably just don't wanna take any chances that some goof will go knocking on doors, even 50 years later.

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 09:37:22 AM »
I'm fairly sure I've heard both names and addresses on TPIR before. Is this something new, or wasn't I paying attention?

No, I think you've heard them before, because I did too. I remember watching reruns of it when GSN first trotted them out, and thinking how odd it was that they read - on the air - the winning person's entire address. Along with the winner in the studio who won a trip, and Bill Cullen saying something to the effect of "We'll give you the names and addresses of your three fellow contestants so that you can send them a postcard from your trip".

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »
Yeah, this is something Buzzr's been doing since they started running it. I remember watching it on Buzzr when they first ran it and noticing the dropout then. Definitely more understanding of that edit. And yeah, this was not a concern of GSN's when they aired it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

mmb5

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 03:04:08 PM »
I think one of the PiR reruns on the Pluto channel had Barker recalling his childhood address, and that got bleeped out as well. Probably just don't wanna take any chances that some goof will go knocking on doors, even 50 years later.
Do you mean his childhood home at 1904 West Calhoun in Greene, MO or the place he lived in college with his mother after she remarried at 1610 North Summit in Springfield, MO?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.