Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21  (Read 9713 times)

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 02:20:20 AM »
And exactly how many people “truly want to see” one particular episode of  Body Language? It’s not worth the effort.
I'm sure their thought is that with their library of thousands of shows, nobody is going to miss one episode here and there. And while this group proves that "nobody" is an exaggeration, they're not wrong to think that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 11:46:17 AM »
For those wondering why, the former has a bunch of Indian jokes, while the latter has Patrick Wayne acting out the word "midgets".
Speaking of which, a contestant actually said the word "midget" in yesterday's episode and BUZZR forgot to bleep it.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Sodboy13

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 03:42:30 PM »
Starting Monday, 2/22, Narz Concentration moves to weekdays at 9:00am ET, while Classic Concentration takes its slot at 8:00pm/11:00pm ET.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvmitch

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 03:55:51 PM »
Starting Monday, 2/22, Narz Concentration moves to weekdays at 9:00am ET, while Classic Concentration takes its slot at 8:00pm/11:00pm ET.
I'm kind of surprised this one didn't happen sooner. I think Trebek CC will have a wider appeal at that time slot.
You should follow me on Twitter

chargeradiocom

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »
I'm kind of surprised this one didn't happen sooner. I think Trebek CC will have a wider appeal at that time slot.
I’m guessing they didn’t want, or may have been contractually prevented from, CC running against new episodes of Alex’s better-known show. And given time zone differences, that would have happened in at least a handful of markets, with pretty much any prime time slot they put it in. For obvious reasons, that’s no longer an issue.

I agree that Trebek CC will have wider appeal, though. But I hope Narz Concentration doesn’t get too shafted. There’s a lot of it we still haven’t seen. And I’m thinking it must not have done badly, for it to have gotten an upgrade from 7:30 to 8:00 not that long ago.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 06:29:18 PM by chargeradiocom »