Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21  (Read 9714 times)

Bryce L.

Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21
« on: December 17, 2020, 11:36:13 PM »
Buzzr's been posting the schedules for January 2021, and on Monday, January 11, we get a few changes/refreshes...
  • Sale of the Century reverses its two runs (the syndie run is now at 9am, the 1988 shows are at 7:30pm)
  • Supermarket Sweep reverses its two runs (the 1993 episodes are now at 9:30am, the 2000 season is now at 9pm)
  • Body Language (weekdays at 10am slot) is fresh, starting with episode 258.
  • Perry Card Sharks replaces Eubanks CS in the 4:30pm slot (reducing Eubanks to Saturday evenings only, in the process), with fresh episodes, FINALLY moving into 1979. Fresh episodes start at episode 175.
  • Concentration with Jack Narz is fresh, starting from episode 1124.
  • Cullen TPIR is new, picking up at March 25, 1959.
  • Supermarket Sweep from 1993 replaces Tattletales in the Saturdays at 10pm hour.
  • Sale of the Century (1988) is now in the 5pm hour on Sunday afternoons.
  • Tattletales is now on late Sunday/early Monday at 2am, replacing the hour of Sale that had been there.
Also, there may be something coming up later in January or early in February, considering that there is an hour of infomercials both Saturday and Sunday evenings.

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 12:40:49 AM »
Yay, more Cullen TPIRs that haven't been seen since their original broadcasts!
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »
Buzzr's been posting the schedules for January 2021, and on Monday, January 11, we get a few changes/refreshes...
  • Supermarket Sweep from 1993 replaces Tattletales in the Saturdays at 10pm hour.

That totally bites...that hour-long block of "Tattletales" on Saturday nights has been the highlight of my viewing...

JakeT
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:52:38 PM by JakeT »

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »

That totally bites...that hour-long block of "Tattletales" on Saturday nights has been the highlight of my viewing...

JakeT[/list]

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
    « Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
    • Sale of the Century reverses its two runs (the syndie run is now at 9am, the 1988 shows are at 7:30pm)
    • Supermarket Sweep reverses its two runs (the 1993 episodes are now at 9:30am, the 2000 season is now at 9pm)
    • Perry Card Sharks replaces Eubanks CS in the 4:30pm slot (reducing Eubanks to Saturday evenings only, in the process), with fresh episodes, FINALLY moving into 1979. Fresh episodes start at episode 175.
    • Tattletales is now on late Sunday/early Monday at 2am, replacing the hour of Sale that had been there.
    Also, there may be something coming up later in January or early in February, considering that there is an hour of infomercials both Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Is there a new link for the sked?  My link is all blank after 12/23.
    Doug
    ----------------------------------------
    "When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Bryce L.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 08:07:22 PM »

Is there a new link for the sked?  My link is all blank after 12/23.
    Check for dates from 1/1/21 and onward (12/25 to 12/31 aren't filled in yet). Furthest they go out as of right now is up to 6am on 1/18/21...

https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2021-1-18/America/New_York

SRIV94

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »
    Check for dates from 1/1/21 and onward (12/25 to 12/31 aren't filled in yet). Furthest they go out as of right now is up to 6am on 1/18/21...

https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2021-1-18/America/New_York
    Got it.  Thought I had changed a date to some time in January but it didn't seem to populate.  This time it did.

Notable that two BL eps are being skipped--260 (Wednesday ep with Jonelle Allen and Richard Moll) and 263 (Monday ep with Jo Anne Worley and Patrick Wayne).
    Doug
    "When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Allstar87

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 12:13:30 PM »
    Notable that two BL eps are being skipped--260 (Wednesday ep with Jonelle Allen and Richard Moll) and 263 (Monday ep with Jo Anne Worley and Patrick Wayne).

For those wondering why, the former has a bunch of Indian jokes, while the latter has Patrick Wayne acting out the word "midgets".

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »

For those wondering why, the former has a bunch of Indian jokes, while the latter has Patrick Wayne acting out the word "midgets".

I know, two different shows, but didn't stop MG/HS episodes with the latter word being muted out. 

(given there's been skips since in the MG/HS schedule, wonder if we are now just not bothering instead of censoring) 

Question: when they got back to the St. Elsewhere week, the one episode they did show was skipped (part of Before They Were Stars).  Did that contain any "cancell-able" material?
    I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »
    I know, two different shows, but didn't stop MG/HS episodes with the latter word being muted out. 
    Muting is one thing.  Surgery is something else (not only do they have to mute the word [up to several times depending on how long it took to solve the puzzle], but blur it too).  :)
    Doug

Bryce L.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 07:25:30 PM »
    Dumb question, but why not sidestep the problem of "unairable" content by uploading the affected episodes (unedited/unblurred/etc.) to their YouTube channel? They've done it before (the Jim Hess episode of PYL, for one).

PPatters

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
    Dumb question, but why not sidestep the problem of "unairable" content by uploading the affected episodes (unedited/unblurred/etc.) to their YouTube channel? They've done it before (the Jim Hess episode of PYL, for one).

Because, I think, they likely don’t want to be associated with the content at all — whether on their YouTube or on the channel. The “M”-word isn’t bleeped on network tv by default; they likely aren’t trying to appease super strict advertisers; it’s likely the content itself, not the method by which they share it, that they’re trying to avoid having their brand on.
    Patrick

JMFabiano

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 09:01:31 PM »
    Muting is one thing.  Surgery is something else (not only do they have to mute the word [up to several times depending on how long it took to solve the puzzle], but blur it too).  :)

So the Sicilian moment on PW+ turned up to 11.
    I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Allstar87

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »

Honestly, I think this is the best way to go about things. Just add a disclaimer noting it's a product of its' time, like the disclaimer on the WB cartoon sets. That way the people who truly want to see it can see it, while the casual Buzzr-watching public don't have to. Everybody wins.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
    « Reply #14 on: December 20, 2020, 12:37:22 AM »
    And exactly how many people “truly want to see” one particular episode of  Body Language? It’s not worth the effort.
    @lambertman