Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts returning to their show as a guest  (Read 5166 times)

aaron sica

Re: Hosts returning to their show as a guest
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
Then you have the reverse version, where someone who will host the show appears. (see: Bob Eubanks promoting All-Star Secrets on Card Sharks)

You could also have two hosts of a show, past and future, appearing on another show (see Jim Perry and Bob Eubanks, on the same team on a celebrity week of "Family Feud").

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »
I would watch a documentary about Allen Ludden's surprise walk-on on Liar's Club, then ending up replacing Bill Armstrong as host on it soon thereafter.
@lambertman

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 02:24:13 PM »
Jack Narz announcing Monty's  "Beat the Clock"

If we're counting that, then Marc Summers as announcer/sidekick on the 2018 Liza Koshy revival of Double Dare.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »
Then you have the reverse version, where someone who will host the show appears. (see: Bob Eubanks promoting All-Star Secrets on Card Sharks)

On this subject: Trebek showed up as a (non-playing) guest twice on Jeopardy: March 7, 1974 and at some point in the first week of April 1974, to promote The Wizard of Odds.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 11:55:08 PM »
The reverse is interesting. Joe Farago performed in the Prize Vault several times before taking over as host.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 12:31:57 AM »
I like the reverse idea too. John Davidson appeared on Marshall's Squares a few times, and he even contributed an infamous blooper that's made its way onto a couple specials.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 05:35:56 AM »
I would watch a documentary about Allen Ludden's surprise walk-on on Liar's Club, then ending up replacing Bill Armstrong as host on it soon thereafter.
  Considering that Allen and Bill had worked together before, that would be a "Stumper" :)

Bill later announced the Eric Bordman version , though John Barbour introduced Eric.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
, and he even contributed an infamous blooper that's made its way onto a couple specials.

On the whole, that’s a great clip.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

JMFabiano

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »

On this subject: Trebek showed up as a (non-playing) guest twice on Jeopardy: March 7, 1974 and at some point in the first week of April 1974, to promote The Wizard of Odds.

Did someone mention Tom Kennedy as a player on Password Plus?  Regis Philbin, later on? 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

doctorwho

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Re: the reverse happening, Meredith Viera on Celebrity Millionaire with Regis comes to mind.

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 12:51:25 PM »
And from the "What Almost Was (In Reverse)" category:  Bert Convy hosting the pilot for Match Game '90.

Casey

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2020, 01:28:22 PM »

Did someone mention Tom Kennedy as a player on Password Plus?  Regis Philbin, later on?

Bert Convy also played Password Plus.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
Re: the reverse happening, Meredith Viera on Celebrity Millionaire with Regis comes to mind.

And Jimmy Kimmel.