The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Long credits vs Short credits

<< < (2/2)

ET206:
I like the long credit rolls, mainly because you hear more of the theme (whenever there wasn't an annoying news/promo voiceover).  My favorite was when PYL would end short and a long credit roll was used but the theme kept playing a good 20+ seconds after Rod's tag. 

narzo:
I know I remember reading, mind you this was late 1970s,  that the "long crawl" had to be done at least once a week.  I feel like it was a union rule.  I also feel like there were times it was just done to save the host from ad-libbing with the contestants, because the show was short. 

Soap operas used to use it often because the show was short.  "Dark Shadows" had a few episodes where the long crawl, crawled, to the point the full theme got played twice. 

chris319:
We had two credit crawls on P+: long and short. Both started with the G-T credit and both had the copyright notice. One or the other had to run on every show. The long crawl had the above- and below-the-line personnel. We had to run the long crawl at least once per week. Not sure what rule required it. Maybe it was a DGA thing?

There was yet another crawl for the prize suppliers as required by section 317 of the FCC rules. Allen Ludden did not have a wardrobe deal with Botany 500 or anyone else so we didn't have to disclose that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version