The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

J! production resumes 11/30 with rotating guest hosts

<< < (2/7) > >>

PPatters:
I think this is exactly the right way to honor Alex. First, the changing of the dates of his last episodes to reduce pre-emptions is a great idea. Second, I think we all knew that they would probably do try-outs of guest hosts, so that comes as no surprise. Starting with Ken, who is the closest to the show itself of any of the names bounced around (sans perhaps Mike Richards) and is probably the most recognized face associated with Jeopardy! that isn't Alex is also a good way to ease fans into the transition.

DjohnsonCB:
Have they chosen the rest of the interim guest hosts?  If he weren't in retirement from his age, I would have suggested Vin Scully as a temporary fill-in.  He's had game show experience and is well educated.

cmjb13:
From press release...

--- Quote ---Alex believed in the importance of Jeopardy! and always said that he wanted the show to go on after him,” said Jeopardy! Executive Producer Mike Richards.
--- End quote ---

What an odd comment. The show was going to go on no matter what.

Clay Zambo:
These might not be try-outs. They may know exactly who will be the next permanent host, or they may yet be looking; we have no way of knowing and they’re not gonna tell.

But I am reminded of churches I’ve worked for whose regulations state that when a minister leaves the congregation may *not* call a new permanent minister; they are *required* to have an interim period, such that whoever ends up being their next permanent person doesn’t suffer unduly from comparison to the departing one.

Whoever hosts the next newly-aired episode is gonna get creamed by at least half of the fandom, so why not make that person an interim. In this case we already know it’s Ken, but it takes the pressure off him to not be The Next Host, just the guy who’s holding down the fort.

petek66:
Would have made more sense to finish the new episodes as planned on Christmas Day since he usually acknowledges
holidays and may even have holiday themed categories. Run the "Best Of" the last week of December and come back with
guest hosts on January 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version