Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR on BUZZR  (Read 5168 times)

jimlangefan

TPIR on BUZZR
« on: October 16, 2020, 05:50:12 PM »
Buzzr just announced on FB that "The Price Is Right" is coming back on Saturdays at 10:30 AM EST.  They didn't say which version however.
TV's Big Dealer

gamed121683

Re: TPIR on BUZZR
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »
Buzzr just announced on FB that "The Price Is Right" is coming back on Saturdays at 10:30 AM EST.  They didn't say which version however.

Hmmmm...logical me would think it would be the return of Cullen's version. However, with that Tom Kennedy tribute marathon they got coming up next weekend...perhaps...or am I dreaming?

jage

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:37:50 PM »
If it were anything other than Cullen, they'd probably make a bigger deal out of it. Happy to be wrong though.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »
As some have pointed out elsewhere though, they've usually taken the steps to air Cullen's Price in a 40 minute slot as to air the commercials that come with copy and then usually air more than one (at least three) to balance out the schedule, like they do with almost all their black and white programs (which are unfortunately absent from the schedule). Which is a little surprising if they haven't indicated that in their post.

Would be glad to have Cullen back on the schedule, but if it is Barker, James, Kennedy, or Davidson, sound the miracle horns.

If it were anything other than Cullen, they'd probably make a bigger deal out of it. Happy to be wrong though.
Well, they also didn't mention when these schedule changes would take place. Perhaps they're preparing a bigger announcement.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Bryce L.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
As some have pointed out elsewhere though, they've usually taken the steps to air Cullen's Price in a 40 minute slot as to air the commercials that come with copy and then usually air more than one (at least three) to balance out the schedule, like they do with almost all their black and white programs (which are unfortunately absent from the schedule). Which is a little surprising if they haven't indicated that in their post.
And another thing, I don't ever recall the B&W blocks ever starting at the bottom of the hour.

jage

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 10:12:18 PM »
It's all rather peculiar. That's not exactly a prime spot to premier a new show either.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
Buzzr airs the Saturday portion of it's remaining E/I obligation in the 7a Pacific (10a ET) timeslot. Regular programming begins at the half hour after it airs. (Sunday too). 

The current programming in that time frame (specifically Saturday) is an hour of Split Second 80s followed by three and a half hours of Match Game '7x split between two runs.  Easy to take out Split and reduce the MG wall a little bit to make it fit.

And if it were any other version of Price being freed up, you can bet on it being a bigger deal than "line 6 of a random Facebook post on a Friday".

It's almost assuredly Cullen's version, probably more than one episode of it. I will be /shocked/ (although absolutely pleasantly so) if it's anything otherwise.

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 11:45:03 PM »
Could be two episodes of Cullen padded out to 90 minutes, then onto whatever else at Noon.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

chargeradiocom

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
The optimistic, cup-half-full theoretical part of me wants to think that just maybe, they’ve cleared Barker, or even Kennedy or James, to run in a non-competitive weekend AM slot. It’s not maybe what we want, but maybe CBS is starting to ease up a bit.

Realistically, though, I’ll be surprised if it’s anything but Cullen.

The other news from this schedule change:

— Body Language unsurprisingly takes a weekday slot, at 10AM ET
— TTTT moves into weekdays at 8:30AM ET

Apparently Split Second is leaving the schedule entirely?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 03:54:26 PM »
Someone must've told them "Hey, you can't just put 'The Price Is Right' as a schedule update without specifying the version just after the death of one of its hosts", and they've edited the post accordingly to specify that it will be Bill Cullen's Price added to the schedule.

Of course, not a surprise and as I said earlier, I'm happy to have it back on the schedule. It's comfort TV.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 10:16:38 AM »
It's three episodes spread out over two hours. So we get to see Uncle Bill regularly on Saturdays now.