Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Chase" officially a go for ABC  (Read 2075 times)

colonial

"The Chase" officially a go for ABC
« on: November 02, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »
https://deadline.com/2020/11/jeopardy-goat-stars-abc-game-show-the-chase-the-view-sara-haines-host-1234607752/

ABC confirms that the "Jeopardy GOATs" (Jennings, Holzhauer, Rutter) will be the chasers. Nine episodes ordered, so presumably each chaser gets three games.

Sara Haines from "The View" will host. She previously hosted that third hour of GMA with Michael Strahan that no one watched.

Also, ABC released the logo for the show ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/e2-80-98jeopardy-e2-80-99-goat-stars-confirmed-for-abc-remake-of-uk-quiz-e2-80-98the-chase-e2-80-99-e2-80-98the-view-e2-80-99s-sara-haines-to-host/ar-BB1aCXPK?ocid=uxbndlbing

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Re: "The Chase" officially a go for ABC
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »
Looking at that logo, I'm wondering if somehow GSN is going to end up pulling off the better version that its network counterpart
This signature is currently under construction.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
Looking at that logo, I'm wondering if somehow GSN is going to end up pulling off the better version that its network counterpart
....and this is why I can't stand the community sometimes. No offense, but we got an official announcement an hour ago, and you're already hobbling the show in your mind. Over a logo.

Vin Rubino's taking over. This is the same guy over Pyramid and Snoop Dogg's Joker's Wild. Plus, considering the success of the original US series, I would be hard pressed to find a reason why they would be incentivized in jazzing up the game past adding the Jeopardy GOAT contenders.

This logo is pretty appropos for primetime- it's shiny, slick, and they even included the chase arrows. I'm convinced we're going to be fine. Really wish they would have included a chaser of color, but I'm convinced they'll remedy that with a S2 renewal.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »
I'm only familiar with the U.S. version and its one Chaser -- on other versions of the show, did each Chaser have a different personality? I can envision James and Brad playing up being the heel, but I don't see Ken as the villain type.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 08:29:49 PM »
I'm only familiar with the U.S. version and its one Chaser -- on other versions of the show, did each Chaser have a different personality? I can envision James and Brad playing up being the heel, but I don't see Ken as the villain type.

I totally can. That smug sarcastic vibe alone alienates people.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 08:53:43 PM »
Insofar as you can peel back personality over the course of an hour every day I would say that Mark isn't the same as Anne and neither are the same as Shaun and the way they convey that they are the spoiler and there to ruin your fun is different in a fashion.
Travis L. Eberle

tvwxman

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 06:49:13 AM »
Im not usually one for format change - but in this case - i would hope they could do some end game with the "Beat the Chasers" format. 60 secs vs 60 secs for a million.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Stackertosh

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »
Format changes? I am kinda scared i always enjoy the end part of The Chase.

I wonder are they going to use the same set it change it to a social distance set.