Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New 2021 GSN Chain Reaction....same 2006 GSN Chain Reaction host...  (Read 7558 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: New 2021 GSN Chain Reaction....same 2006 GSN Chain Reaction host...
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 01:38:20 AM »
I just never got into the one word at a time round. Yet I don’t mind watching episodes of Go once in awhile. You figure that one out.

The building-a-question mechanic only works when the people playing have a special aptitude for the game. And simply put, the contestants on GSN were not good at it in any way shape or form.

One of the simplest briefing notes I've discovered in playing the game over the years is to have the second person "define" the subject immediately with word 2, if they can. The first person just throws out the best "W" word to get it going. So for instance, if the answer is "George Washington", WHAT PRESIDENT is a pretty easy way to start. If it's "The Big Bang Theory", WHAT SITCOM...if it's "Cake" you say WHAT DESSERT, etc. etc. Conciseness is #1, with the ability to change the question midstream, or cut your losses and pass early, being somewhere else in the top 3.

-Jason

Wasn't that how Twisters got set up and executed?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: New 2021 GSN Chain Reaction....same 2006 GSN Chain Reaction host...
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 01:55:32 AM »
Wasn't that how Twisters got set up and executed?

Sort of, but not really, because only one contestant had to build the question there.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck