The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

An Interesting (and rare) eBay Find...

<< < (6/6)

tvwxman:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on December 02, 2020, 12:31:37 PM ---2) I paid, what, $50 for those all told? :)

--- End quote ---

Did you really? I loathe you more :) Want to make a good return on your investment? :) :) :)

calliaume:
If you have less than an entire deck of cards, sell them individually, and space out the auctions. That would drive more interest than selling what's perceived as an incomplete product.

(I've sometimes had a hard time getting my head around eBay selling practices. Back around 1999 or so, someone associated with the Atlanta Braves got ahold of a pile of game-worn jerseys, and decided to sell all of them at once, with auctions ending within ten minutes of one another. I bid on a couple knowing I had backup plans. And that's why I have an Alan Embree jersey in my closet right now.)

MikeK:

--- Quote from: calliaume on December 02, 2020, 01:05:26 PM ---If you have less than an entire deck of cards, sell them individually, and space out the auctions. That would drive more interest than selling what's perceived as an incomplete product.

(I've sometimes had a hard time getting my head around eBay selling practices. Back around 1999 or so, someone associated with the Atlanta Braves got ahold of a pile of game-worn jerseys, and decided to sell all of them at once, with auctions ending within ten minutes of one another. I bid on a couple knowing I had backup plans. And that's why I have an Alan Embree jersey in my closet right now.)

--- End quote ---
Ha!  I got a 1999 Braves game-used jersey of Justin Speier, presumably from the same seller.  (I got at signed by Speier a year later.)  At least their jerseys that season had a cool patch commemorating the 25th anniversary of Hank Aaron's 715th homer.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on December 02, 2020, 12:40:17 PM ---Did you really? I loathe you more :) Want to make a good return on your investment? :) :) :)

--- End quote ---

I do not! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version