Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts returning to their show as a guest  (Read 2073 times)

aaron sica

Re: Hosts returning to their show as a guest
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
Then you have the reverse version, where someone who will host the show appears. (see: Bob Eubanks promoting All-Star Secrets on Card Sharks)

You could also have two hosts of a show, past and future, appearing on another show (see Jim Perry and Bob Eubanks, on the same team on a celebrity week of "Family Feud").

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »
I would watch a documentary about Allen Ludden's surprise walk-on on Liar's Club, then ending up replacing Bill Armstrong as host on it soon thereafter.
@lambertman

knagl

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 02:24:13 PM »
Jack Narz announcing Monty's  "Beat the Clock"

If we're counting that, then Marc Summers as announcer/sidekick on the 2018 Liza Koshy revival of Double Dare.

DoorNumberFour

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »
Then you have the reverse version, where someone who will host the show appears. (see: Bob Eubanks promoting All-Star Secrets on Card Sharks)

On this subject: Trebek showed up as a (non-playing) guest twice on Jeopardy: March 7, 1974 and at some point in the first week of April 1974, to promote The Wizard of Odds.
Director of Odd Areas for Focused Energy
christian@buzzerblog.com

JasonA1

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 11:55:08 PM »
The reverse is interesting. Joe Farago performed in the Prize Vault several times before taking over as host.

-Jason
JA1 Presents - movie reviews, TV reviews, top 5 lists and more
--or-- you can go the Twitter route

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 12:31:57 AM »
I like the reverse idea too. John Davidson appeared on Marshall's Squares a few times, and he even contributed an infamous blooper that's made its way onto a couple specials.
ďHey, Iím TVís Wayne Brady. I use Bald As Hell!Ē

Now celebrating his 18th season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 05:35:56 AM »
I would watch a documentary about Allen Ludden's surprise walk-on on Liar's Club, then ending up replacing Bill Armstrong as host on it soon thereafter.
  Considering that Allen and Bill had worked together before, that would be a "Stumper" :)

Bill later announced the Eric Bordman version , though John Barbour introduced Eric.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DoorNumberFour

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
, and he even contributed an infamous blooper that's made its way onto a couple specials.

On the whole, thatís a great clip.
Director of Odd Areas for Focused Energy
christian@buzzerblog.com

JMFabiano

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »

On this subject: Trebek showed up as a (non-playing) guest twice on Jeopardy: March 7, 1974 and at some point in the first week of April 1974, to promote The Wizard of Odds.

Did someone mention Tom Kennedy as a player on Password Plus?  Regis Philbin, later on? 
I bought a Sony Pictures Television t-shirt.  I use it to cover up whatever shirt I was wearing before.

doctorwho

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Re: the reverse happening, Meredith Viera on Celebrity Millionaire with Regis comes to mind.

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 12:51:25 PM »
And from the "What Almost Was (In Reverse)" category:  Bert Convy hosting the pilot for Match Game '90.

isucgv

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2020, 01:28:22 PM »

Did someone mention Tom Kennedy as a player on Password Plus?  Regis Philbin, later on?

Bert Convy also played Password Plus.

MSTieScott

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
Re: the reverse happening, Meredith Viera on Celebrity Millionaire with Regis comes to mind.

And Jimmy Kimmel.