Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...  (Read 14687 times)

gamed121683

Re: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2020, 11:23:26 PM »
UPDATE #2: So 8-9 was an hour of Password Plus. 9-10 was an hour of Garry Moore’s To Tell The Truth with Tom as one of the panelists and the 10-11 hour was another hour of Body  Language.

/Hoping those two Password Plus episodes show up on YT one day due to my WiFi being so spotty tonight that I wasn’t able to record it online.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2020, 03:01:38 PM »
You know, even for the Orson Bean and Jerry Stiller tributes, they at least posted a tweet saying "Tune in tonight..." or something along those lines the day of them. It's so weird that there was *nothing* done for this besides airing the promo and the initial tweet/post announcing it 11 days ago. Like, I know they don't change the schedule or give much fanfare, but maybe something on social media to further promote a tribute that not only took up 10 hours of your schedule, but was for a guy that hosted at least four shows you own (though they can't air all of them).
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

JMFabiano

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 12:34:41 PM »
UPDATE: So they did a Body Language marathon from 4:00-7:30PM. Now it’s 8:00PM as I type this and they’re playing Tom’s first episode of Password Plus.

Now, what's curious is said first episode does not include his greeting to Allen, as the GSN copy did.  Unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't a different episode carry the greeting first?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chrisholland03

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2020, 01:20:57 PM »
A couple of factors in play:

The first P+ taping block for Tom Kennedy was Oct 11/12th 1980.  Both were all-celebrity.
The first week of 4 episodes were scheduled to air the week of/after Christmas.
The second week of 5 episodes aired the last week of October 1980.

GSN aired in the order they were taped.  The first episode from the 11th and 12th taping had the well wishes insert.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 07:43:58 AM »
It looks like the first-aired (second-taped) week was rerun on NBC at some point.  And it was from that rerun week that Buzzr pulled the eps.  The first show had a 1981 copyright.

ETA:  The week was rerun 3/9-13/81.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

JMFabiano

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 09:14:16 AM »
It looks like the first-aired (second-taped) week was rerun on NBC at some point.  And it was from that rerun week that Buzzr pulled the eps.  The first show had a 1981 copyright.

ETA:  The week was rerun 3/9-13/81.

Weird, but as some of the Kennedy episodes Buzzr put out there are from later in his run, maybe the master tape of the rerun version was closer at hand somehow?  And indeed, the White/Martin/Ball/Arnaz week wasn't far off from when Tom's first week was reran. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chrisholland03

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 10:46:49 AM »
I'm willing to wager they edited the masters when they reran it.

Bryce L.

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »
Sounds legit, since AFAIK that's what happened to the Card Sharks masters (for the game show hosts and celeb tournaments from '80) when NBC reran those in '81.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »
Sounds legit, since AFAIK that's what happened to the Card Sharks masters (for the game show hosts and celeb tournaments from '80) when NBC reran those in '81.
Yep.  Looking on YouTube, GSN's original airing also used the same master tape (only it kept the dedication to Allen).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)