Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...  (Read 14690 times)

calliaume

Re: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 04:58:07 PM »
According to a contact at Fremantle, the marathon will consist of episodes of Body Language and Password Plus hosted by Tom, as well as episodes of TTTT with him on the panel.

And I did not know TK did TTTT- I know he did 70's Beat The Clock...
TTTT was the first thing I thought of. (Other Fremantle shows he guested on: Super Password, Match Game '81, Card Sharks, Family Feud... but I suspect they'd prefer shows he'd hosted.)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
And I did not know TK did TTTT-

Then you should be following The Bill Cullen Archive on Facebook! (Shameless plug.)  We've been uploading a few episodes from a week (perhaps the only week?) he did.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »

Then you should be following The Bill Cullen Archive on Facebook! (Shameless plug.)  We've been uploading a few episodes from a week (perhaps the only week?) he did.

In addition to the week y'all are showing on The Archive, Tom did 2 more weeks in 1973.
BUZZR aired one of those weeks back in July (eps. 1521-1525), just betting they'll just pull from that week.

JMFabiano

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »

In addition to the week y'all are showing on The Archive, Tom did 2 more weeks in 1973.
BUZZR aired one of those weeks back in July (eps. 1521-1525), just betting they'll just pull from that week.

Similarly, as the Narz episode and the Arnazes/Betty/Dick episode were on Buzzr's social media, I'm guessing these will count for the PW+ episodes.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

gamed121683

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »
Just checking in here...any word of a schedule from BUZZR yet?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 10:59:31 PM »
Have to admit, I'm a little surprised myself that a schedule hasn't cleared.  They're still just showing the normal programming schedule for Saturday, both at Buzzr's site and at Zap2It.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Bryce L.

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 11:02:34 PM »
Have to admit, I'm a little surprised myself that a schedule hasn't cleared.  They're still just showing the normal programming schedule for Saturday, both at Buzzr's site and at Zap2It.
I'm not, since if memory serves, they never updated the site to reflect the Orson Bean or Jerry Stiller tributes either.

SRIV94

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 11:17:14 PM »
I'm not, since if memory serves, they never updated the site to reflect the Orson Bean or Jerry Stiller tributes either.
Except the Orson Bean tribute was a two-hour thing, and came with little to no fanfare (and the fact that I didn't even know about the Stiller tribute, and I watch Buzzr fairly frequently, tells you how little fanfare that tribute had). 

Also, they've been advertising the Kennedy tribute on their social media pages and on air (and it's running 10 hours, although I'm assuming the last three hours are reairs of hours 5 to 7).

So, yeah, this one actually deserves some schedule notating for.
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jimlangefan

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 01:22:25 PM »
While their FB page still says the tribute is scheduled for the 24th, the commercial they ran last night during MGHS Hour was changed to "Coming Soon".  The online schedule still hasn't changed,  so I'm assuming the date for the tribute has been moved.
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 01:42:59 PM »
I wonder if they're working on getting a Wordplay episode again?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gamed121683

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »
I wonder if they're working on getting a Wordplay episode again?

Yeah, rights issues to a particular show (or shows) was the first thought that crossed my mind, too. Even TCM usually waits a month or two after the death of an “old time” movie star to do a tribute marathon to them.

Bryce L.

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
While their FB page still says the tribute is scheduled for the 24th, the commercial they ran last night during MGHS Hour was changed to "Coming Soon".  The online schedule still hasn't changed,  so I'm assuming the date for the tribute has been moved.
That being said, I'd watch tomorrow, just to play it safe.

Bryce L.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 05:04:30 PM »
That being said, I'd watch tomorrow, just to play it safe.
Just saw it, and it said "Coming Tomorrow".

SRIV94

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »
First episode is BL, from the week of 5/13-17/85.  So probably nothing new at least on the BL episodes, since that one's aired before.
Doug

gamed121683

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2020, 08:10:29 PM »
UPDATE: So they did a Body Language marathon from 4:00-7:30PM. Now it’s 8:00PM as I type this and they’re playing Tom’s first episode of Password Plus.