Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...  (Read 14691 times)

weaklink75

Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...
« on: October 13, 2020, 03:12:05 PM »

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr Tom Kennedy Tribute scheduled...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 03:23:27 PM »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »
Sunday 10/25 4pm-2am...

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1316093427977785348?s=20

Primarily Body Language clips used here.  Though at 0:13 is something...interesting. 

(wonder if Fremantle since fixed any of the flaws in the first time they tried to air it?)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 03:36:54 PM »
(wonder if Fremantle since fixed any of the flaws in the first time they tried to air it?)
One can only hope... it would make a wonderful addition to the regular schedule if they could get everything with Ambrose smoothed over.

weaklink75

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 03:41:24 PM »
Sunday 10/25 4pm-2am...

The tweet you linked says Saturday 10/24.

My mistake- it is 10/24.

I'd imagine it'll mainly be Body Language, with a little P+ mixed in (I'd think they'd have to run the French episode...). If they get the issues worked out maybe Wordplay as a surprise..

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 03:51:20 PM »
Sunday 10/25 4pm-2am...

The tweet you linked says Saturday 10/24.

My mistake- it is 10/24.

I'd imagine it'll mainly be Body Language, with a little P+ mixed in (I'd think they'd have to run the French episode...). If they get the issues worked out maybe Wordplay as a surprise..

If we go by their online presence they have the Narz guest-hosting episode and I think an episode from the Arnazes-White-Martin.  Perhaps those. 

/Can't believe they STILL have mostly stayed in 1979 with the show.   

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 03:54:01 PM »
One can only hope... it would make a wonderful addition to the regular schedule if they could get everything with Ambrose smoothed over.

Yeah, moreso since there's not a lot of Fremantle-owned Kennedy-hosted shows they have at their disposal.  They have BL, PW+ if they ever get that far, PIR if they ever iron that out... 

Unless they patch things up with Ambrose.  And this is a longshot (see what I did there?), but if a certain choice on the survey of shows means that may some day be a possibility....

But...I expect mostly BL.  Maybe shows he was on the panel for. 

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
I think PP and BL are givens. IIRC, Tom did the syndie MG for a week, he guested on BTC with his brother Jack and did a week on Moore's TTTT. Plus maybe, just maybe, we can see an ep TPIR hosted by Tom. Hey, one can hope.

Bryce L.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »
Plus maybe, just maybe, we can see an ep TPIR hosted by Tom. Hey, one can hope.
How difficult would it be to get clearance to air a single episode, for a single showing?

PPatters

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
Unless they patch things up with Ambrose.  And this is a longshot (see what I did there?), but if a certain choice on the survey of shows means that may some day be a possibility....

What were the issues?
Patrick

JMFabiano

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »
I think PP and BL are givens. IIRC, Tom did the syndie MG for a week, he guested on BTC with his brother Jack and did a week on Moore's TTTT. Plus maybe, just maybe, we can see an ep TPIR hosted by Tom. Hey, one can hope.

If they take it out of the wee hour purgatory (for whatever reasons it's there), there's the Family Feud week of Heavenly Hosts vs. Magnificent MC's. 

golden-road

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 05:43:11 PM »

What were the issues?

IIRC, one of the co-producers, Rick Ambrose, didn't sign off on airing Wordplay on Buzzr. Don't quote me.

JMFabiano

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »

What were the issues?

IIRC, one of the co-producers, Rick Ambrose, didn't sign off on airing Wordplay on Buzzr. Don't quote me.

Something like that. 

Looking back at my older post, I am wondering...what DOES Fremantle have that's Kennedy-hosted?  They are known for fishing out obscurities from the 50s and 60s, any of Tom's shows then possible? 

Besides that, Body Language seems to be the one show they are all in on.  Password Plus is there but has just peeked outside of 1979 on occasion*.  Price is Right we already know.  Ditto the Wordplay hiccup. 

They could have had Split Second, I assume, if it wasn't, you know, erased. 

Everything else comes from non-Fremantle-owned libraries. 

* - I am now wondering if Buzzr chooses to not get fresh PW+ so as to stay in Allen territory, pre-illness (before subhosts, before the subtle hints that he is not feeling well and etc.)?  Doubt it, though.

snowpeck

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
According to a contract at Fremantle, the marathon will consist of episodes of Body Language and Password Plus hosted by Tom, as well as episodes of TTTT with him on the panel.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

weaklink75

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 04:10:07 PM »
According to a contract at Fremantle, the marathon will consist of episodes of Body Language and Password Plus hosted by Tom, as well as episodes of TTTT with him on the panel.

And I did not know TK did TTTT- I know he did 70's Beat The Clock...