Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season 22 of Family Feud  (Read 2955 times)

polo23

Season 22 of Family Feud
« on: August 29, 2020, 04:08:20 AM »
Affiliates were told that Season 22 episodes will start October 22nd for Family Feud. The new syndicated season will be second and first run episodes from last year swapped.

gsfan85

Re: Season 22 of Family Feud
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:47:49 AM »
Really?  October 22nd is a Thursday.  Seems odd.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 12:17:04 PM »
My local affiliate has been running promos stating the new season starts Oct 5th
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »
My local affiliate has been running promos stating the new season starts Oct 5th
Whereas mine said Sept. 14. But considering they just started taping this month, October makes more sense.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »

And that is right. Looking at the episode schedule - they have apparently held back the last few shows taped for last season to open the new season. What the OP meant to say was that the first shows *taped* for the new season (#20005 and #20006) will begin airing October 22nd.

Whereas mine said Sept. 14. But considering they just started taping this month, October makes more sense.

The schedule linked below starts Sept. 14 - so that's not wrong either.

Of note is that the show is adding a 5th and 6th weekday and weekend run this season. (36 different episodes a week! Oof, and you thought GSN ran it into the ground!)

Source: https://syndication.extremereach.com/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/08/FF-S22-Air-Schedule-WKS-1-6-081820-.pdf
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 12:42:37 PM by NicholasM79 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 12:02:49 PM »
Bumping this for a related issue. On a recent ep of Celeb FF, Steve Harvey was listed as Executive Producer, I don't recall seeing that before.

steveleb

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 12:04:45 PM »
October 22 is exactly one week before the November sweeps begin.  Even in these times to local stations around the country the November sweeps is important because that's the time of year (usually!) when they stand to make the most in local advertising.  Debmar-Mercury is one of the few old school syndicators left that actually care about that sort of stuff.  That's why they added up to six runs per market too.  Notice how many new daily syndicated shows were available to stations this year?  Two?--Drew and Schitt's Creek?  Something's gotta go on the air, and why not a win-win for stations already doing well with their first four runs while Debmar makes up any organic ratings downtick with more commercial runs?  It's a business, folks, and they're doing it well!