Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Fun with the USPTO  (Read 4730 times)

inturnaround

More Fun with the USPTO
« on: February 18, 2004, 02:16:59 PM »
I made a post here about looking at the US Patent and Trademark website to see what GSN has registered in the past. I didn't find much, but I have dug up some stuff this time.

Apparently, one slogan GSN has registered for their promotion is "The Network for Games". That's kind of funny considering their future former name...

They've also registered a name called "Gimme Games". I'm not sure if this is a new game or if it's another slogan.

One interesting thing I've noticed that I don't think has been mentioned here is that GSN has registered the names "Extreme Dodgeball" and "World Series of Dodgeball". Both were registered a month ago.

Other than that, the only new trademarks are the already mentioned "World Series of Blackjack". GSN has saw fit to also register "World Blackjack Tour" and "Worldwide Blackjack Tour". GSN is going to own Blackjack.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More Fun with the USPTO
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 02:37:35 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 12:16 PM\'] One interesting thing I've noticed that I don't think has been mentioned here is that GSN has registered the names "Extreme Dodgeball" and "World Series of Dodgeball". Both were registered a month ago.
 [/quote]
 This has been mentioned here and GSN has put out releases about it. Most everyone puked at the concept, but I'm kinda jazzed about it, I think it could be fun. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

More Fun with the USPTO
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »
Most everyone puked at the concept
Maybe if they puked on the ball and then played...

Now that would be something.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:23:51 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ilb4ever2000

More Fun with the USPTO
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 03:24:45 PM »
They've also registered a name called "Gimme Games". I'm not sure if this is a new game or if it's another slogan.

Have you seen the promos? "Gimme Game Show Games", "Gimme Reality Games"...

inturnaround

More Fun with the USPTO
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 06:25:16 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 03:24 PM\']

Have you seen the promos? "Gimme Game Show Games", "Gimme Reality Games"... [/quote]
 Hehee, obviously I haven't.  Haven't put on the channel much lately. I did catch a little bit of Lingo the other day. Amazing how much the game improves simply through wardrobe...
Joe Coughlin     
Human

uncamark

More Fun with the USPTO
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 02:16 PM\']I made a post here about looking at the US Patent and Trademark website to see what GSN has registered in the past. I didn't find much, but I have dug up some stuff this time.

Apparently, one slogan GSN has registered for their promotion is "The Network for Games". That's kind of funny considering their future former name...[/quote]
That is the strapline slogan underneath the new logo.  That's also the first mention in their press releases now:  "GSN--The Network for Games."