The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Stations which haven't shown syndicated games in years

<< < (2/5) > >>

jjman920:
Turns out I was mistaken about the length of WBAL's drought. Forgetting its time with Millionaire and Monopoly Millionaires Club the past decade. But it has been 4 years now since that point.

If I'm not mistaken though, it's been quite a while for my CBS affiliate, WJZ. I'm pretty sure it's been a solid stream of Maury/LMAD/TPIR/News/Y&R/B&B/Talk/Phil/News 4-7/Evening News/ET for the past 10 years and overnight reruns have been filled with syndicated dramas. And before LMAD and The Talk came in, those slots were filled with Guiding Light and As The World Turns, respectively. I'm trying to search my memory banks, but this drought could be north of 20 years.

Also, you're reading that correctly, up until a year or so ago, my CBS affiliate ran three straight hours of news, delaying the CBS Evening News until 7pm. They finally caved in and now air the Evening News live at 6:30pm, with a local newscast at 7pm. Odd that they'd do that being an O&O.

Unrealtor:
I don't think KVUE in Austin has had one since TNPIR in 1994. The KXAN/KNVA/KBVO cluster has Wheel, J!, and Feud (and I think it has had all three since they started their current syndicated runs). KTBC has 25 Words. KEYE had Celebrity Name Game and Millionaire, but nothing at the moment.

Scrabbleship:

--- Quote from: tvmitch on September 14, 2020, 09:52:52 AM ---WCAU might qualify. I don't know that they have run a syndicated game show since the year 2000.

--- End quote ---

I thought the earliest years of Feud under Steve Harvey were on WCAU. ISTR a billboard for Feud on WCAU driving through Philly in 2012.

A market with two, going on three, syndie game droughts is DC. I don't WRC they've aired anything syndicated since TJW '90 or Davidson $100K Pyramid. Even the gimme shows other NBC O&O's aired in the later 2000's were elsewhere - Merv Griffin's Crosswords was on WJLA, Syndie DOND was on WDCA.

Right next door, WTTG has had a drought of similar, IIRC their last syndie game was Studs. WUSA has a burgeoning drought, their last syndie game was Millionaire in 2008.

JMFabiano:
Trying to remember what WNBC had.  Last one I can clearly remember was Combs Family Feud before it switched to WWOR. 

Was syndie DOND there?

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on September 14, 2020, 04:52:14 PM ---Trying to remember what WNBC had.

(snip)

Was syndie DOND there?

--- End quote ---
I wanna say Deal was WCBS or WWOR. Yes it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version