The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Wheel of Fortune season 38 debuts 9/14/2020

<< < (11/12) > >>

Ian Wallis:
It must have been something small (like everyone eating a cookie at the end of the show) because I didn't notice anything.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

Marc412:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on September 23, 2020, 08:41:06 PM ---It must have been something small (like everyone eating a cookie at the end of the show) because I didn't notice anything.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

--- End quote ---
Apparently it was just Vanna wearing the same dress twice.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on September 23, 2020, 08:41:06 PM ---It must have been something small (like everyone eating a cookie at the end of the show) because I didn't notice anything.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

--- End quote ---

All I could think of is Julie (center contestant) referenced her wife. I haven't been a faithful viewer the last year. Have other LGBT+ contestants in the past been allowed to use "husband" and "wife" rather than "partner" or some other phrase?

(Not spoiler blocking because it's not gameplay, and I'm speculating out my ass.)

EDIT: I thought Marc was joking. Looking at WoF's Instagram, it looks like he's right.

Blanquepage:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on September 23, 2020, 10:36:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

All I could think of is Julie (center contestant) referenced her wife. I haven't been a faithful viewer the last year. Have other LGBT+ contestants in the past been allowed to use "husband" and "wife" rather than "partner" or some other phrase?

(Not spoiler blocking because it's not gameplay, and I'm speculating out my ass.)

EDIT: I thought Marc was joking. Looking at WoF's Instagram, it looks like he's right.

--- End quote ---
Kinda frustrating that I don't have the episode on hand and being blessed with the gift of retaining game show minautae, but I know that this has happened before. I recall it was shortly after the music changed in 2017 and thinking "wow, that's a first"

EDIT: I don't have the disc with the full episode on hand as it's in storage, but I believe it was the contestant Michael in this posted closing from 1/6/17.

Mr. Armadillo:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on September 23, 2020, 10:36:19 PM ---All I could think of is Julie (center contestant) referenced her wife. I haven't been a faithful viewer the last year. Have other LGBT+ contestants in the past been allowed to use "husband" and "wife" rather than "partner" or some other phrase?

--- End quote ---
This has happened with a decent amount of regularity over the last 2-3 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version