Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jay Leno- GS Host? "You Bet Your Life..."  (Read 12889 times)

Neumms

Re: Jay Leno- GS Host? "You Bet Your Life..."
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2021, 01:28:18 AM »
Man, the website really makes it look like the game will be buried under exactly the kind of comedy bits he was doing on the Tonight show for all those years.  I mean, I know the game was always secondary to the laughs, but this looks like it will be a much different program than any of the earlier versions.

Suppose any contestants make it on stage before the first commercial?

After Leno bombed in prime time, NBC floated a notion that he'd get half an hour between the local news and Conan's Tonight Show. Maybe this and that are the same concept: Jay does his act, then they pad it with something other than talk-show guests. It's clever programming, just not You Bet Your Life and at least five years too late.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2021, 01:11:33 PM »
A behind the scenes preview special will be available to local stations for airing between August 27 and September 19:  https://syndication.extremereach.com/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/08/You-Bet-Your-Life-Preview-Special-HTFC.pdf

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2021, 01:18:25 PM »
So the official Twitter account also mentions it airing on Fox. I haven't seen a station list, so am I to assume this is technically a network daytime show, airing on Fox?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »
So the official Twitter account also mentions it airing on Fox. I haven't seen a station list, so am I to assume this is technically a network daytime show, airing on Fox?
  Syndication.  Fox O&Os in those markets.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2021, 02:53:57 PM »
  Syndication.  Fox O&Os in those markets.
O&Os was my next guess. Thank you.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bob Zager

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »
I recall there was a special sneak peek, behind-the-scenes preview for the Bill Cosby hosted revival.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2021, 08:50:45 AM »
I recall there was a special sneak peek, behind-the-scenes preview for the Bill Cosby hosted revival.
Coincidentally, the first pilots for that series were shot exactly 30 years ago to the day you posted this, according to This Day in Game Show History, Vol. 3. (Not trying to be a know-it-all; it just happens that I'm reading the entries in Mr. Nedeff's books on their respective days this year.)

TimK2003

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2021, 10:26:42 AM »
FWIW, our local Fox station (KFQX) just aired a quick 10-15 second official promo showing a couple of scenes from the show.  Couldn't really parse anything else from that promo as I was still waking up.

Per the promo, the show is slated to start Monday, September 13th.