Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings becoming J! Consulting Producer...  (Read 5122 times)

narzo

Re: Ken Jennings becoming J! Consulting Producer...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 12:51:47 AM »
I always figured that Brad Rutter would get offered the job before Ken, since Brad has actually hosted a quiz show before.

Ken Jennings hosted a "quiz bowl" show for public television in 2006, in Minneapolis. 

goongas

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 12:51:24 AM »
I think this was a defensive move so Ken would not become a chaser.  I imagine he can’t do Masterminds either.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 01:12:51 AM »
That’s got to be an expensive insurance policy.
Travis L. Eberle

Loogaroo

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 04:20:15 PM »
Sorry, but outside of the Jeopardy world, no one has heard of Brad Rutter. Ken Jennings' Q score is much higher. Heck, even Jeopardy James registers more than Brad. Nothing against Brad, but, no.

His performance in the GOAT tournament certainly didn't help.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Stackertosh

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 05:09:11 PM »
I was hoping Ken would be a Chaser.

I kinda wanted Dan Patrick to be a back up host.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »
As much as Ken is beloved as a player and a personality, I just don't think he has the gravitas to host J!  He still has a bit too much of that "aw shucks" and less of a stage command about him...

I think being given this "assistant" role could in fact be partially to give him more experience to shape and mold his on-camera personality, and help him become the next host. Time will tell.

tvwxman

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »
I was hoping Ken would be a Chaser.

I kinda wanted Dan Patrick to be a back up host.
Is there anything that says he can't?  I would imagine him on both shows benefits both parties - save for overexposure. One he plays, one he produces. Both he gets paid .
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2020, 10:59:44 PM »
Sorry, but outside of the Jeopardy world, no one has heard of Brad Rutter. Ken Jennings' Q score is much higher. Heck, even Jeopardy James registers more than Brad. Nothing against Brad, but, no.
True, but James doesn't rank very high on the likability scale.  People would be far more likely to watch a hypothetical "Win James Holzhauer's Money" than they would a Jeopardy! hosted by him.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »
True, but James doesn't rank very high on the likability scale.  People would be far more likely to watch a hypothetical "Win James Holzhauer's Money" than they would a Jeopardy! hosted by him.

James was a dominant player, but we've seen dominant players before. The main reason for James' accomplishments was simple: his chosen profession involves risking his own money that he already has. When it comes to risking money someone else is giving him, he had no problem being reckless AF because when you are a pro gambler and the worst-case scenario is leaving a game with the same amount of money you had coming into it, you can't lose.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe