The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Rarest episodes from non-erased series

(1/9) > >>

JMFabiano:
Over on Facebook on one of the GS groups, there was a thread about the banned/lost Match Game episodes.  It got me to thinking...what are the rarest episodes/series from shows that : 1) have not been wiped, and 2) have had some kind of rerun package over the decades? 

Ones that come to mind for me, for example, would be...

- The 3rd anniversary week of TPIR, aka the test for the 60 min. format.  First day got out there via trading, another from the Best of DVD set.  But the rest has not seen the light of day since 1975.  Weren't part of GSN's reruns...I am guessing because most of the eps. that week gave away furs, perhaps?  I do know the traded episode had a fur prize. 
- Bill Cullen's first Joker's Wild season.  Although USA DID rerun that season, it was skipped over by GSN and there aren't many eps. online from 1984-85. 
- For that matter, did GSN ever air TJW from between 1979-1982?  Only now, for instance, have I discovered an episode from the first season they had the neon set. 
- Family Feud '94: Richard reads a letter from someone who dislikes him AND Ray Combs. (latter mentioned by name by Richard, when he also plugs GSN)   Here's one I have yet to see at all, and being that GSN went through the episodes between late '97-early '98, I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced that I know of.

PYLdude:
Couldn’t you argue that most of Dawson’s return season is a rarity now, especially since to the best of my knowledge the episodes haven’t seen the light of day since GSN stopped airing them?

chrisholland03:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on September 02, 2020, 01:39:37 PM ---- For that matter, did GSN ever air TJW from between 1979-1982?  Only now, for instance, have I discovered an episode from the first season they had the neon set. 

--- End quote ---

They aired a big chunk of the '79 and '80 seasons with the 'Pizza Hut' set at some point in the late 90s.  I wish I had kept more of them.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: chrisholland03 on September 02, 2020, 01:54:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: JMFabiano on September 02, 2020, 01:39:37 PM ---- For that matter, did GSN ever air TJW from between 1979-1982?  Only now, for instance, have I discovered an episode from the first season they had the neon set. 

--- End quote ---

They aired a big chunk of the '79 and '80 seasons with the 'Pizza Hut' set at some point in the late 90s.  I wish I had kept more of them.

--- End quote ---
This season also aired on Sunday nights in summer 2001.

As far as rarest, if I understand the question correctly, how about “Liar’s Club” or Bobby Van’s “Make Me Laugh”? USA aired the reruns of both in the mid-80s.

Blanquepage:
All of PDQ (826 episodes) and Spin Off exist...yet we have none from the series in circulation with the exception of the PDQ pilot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version