Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2020-2021 Daytime/Syndication Schedule Thread  (Read 7514 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Re: 2020-2021 Daytime/Syndication Schedule Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 02:47:41 PM »
The ratings generally aren't atrocious, you've got 8-10 minutes of fully local ad inventory you can sell per half hour, and you only need to pay the hourly wages or else the salaries of the 4-6 employees (who would be there anyway) to do them.

Plus, the last show genuinely successful on a national basis to arise in syndication was, what, when Steve Harvey took over Family Feud *ten* years ago? There have been new syndicated series draw hashmarks / 0's on ostensibly successful stations in the market, AND you're either paying for the privilege of non-viewership or at least giving up ad time.

And the networks (particularly ABC and NBC but especially the latter) have basically given up on daytime as a whole, so local stations don't have *that* to rely on.

So instead you get 13 hours of newscasts per day (with many of those being re-dos of past hours) because what other options are there that would make the station more money, cost the station less money, or otherwise justify that timeslot instead.

golden-road

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but I had to wait for confirmation. Boise, ID says:

6-7AM, KBOI-DT2: Millionaire repeats
9AM, KBOI2: TPiR
2PM, KBOI2: LMaD
3-4PM, KNIN FOX9: 25WoL
4-5PM, KNIN FOX9: FYSA
6-7PM, KBOI2: J! & WoF

Apparently, the contract for Feud was up, and it was decided to replace it with the Drew Barrymore show. The reruns were also pulled, meaning Boise has no non-network Feud whatsoever.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »
I forgot it's September, and therefore time to check the future listings (obligatory "2020 is weird" comment). Anyway, with the exception of America Says reruns leaving soon, no changes in Norfolk/Virginia Beach.

LMAD: 9 am, WTKR
Funny You Should Ask: 10 am, WTVZ
America Said: 10:30 am, WTVZ
TPiR, 11 am, WTKR
25 Words..., 11 am-noon, WTVZ
Wheel/Jeopardy!, 7-8 pm, WVEC
Feud, 7-8 pm, WTVZ
WTVZ made a few changes this week. 25 Words now airs from 9:30-10:30 am; a Feud rerun at 10:30 replaces the America Says rerun.

Meanwhile, WTVZ moved Funny You Should Ask to overnights, 3-4 am. I'm honestly surprised it held such a cushy mid-morning slot for three years.

Everything else appears the same.
Not quite. WTKR moved LMAD from 9 to 10 am, allowing for a seamless transition to TPiR. For a few years, Deal and Price sandwiched a local talk show, which never made much sense to me, considering said talk show also aired on a sister station.....at 9 am.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 10:54:40 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but I had to wait for confirmation. Boise, ID says:

6-7AM, KBOI-DT2: Millionaire repeats
9AM, KBOI2: TPiR
2PM, KBOI2: LMaD
3-4PM, KNIN FOX9: 25WoL
4-5PM, KNIN FOX9: FYSA
6-7PM, KBOI2: J! & WoF

Apparently, the contract for Feud was up, and it was decided to replace it with the Drew Barrymore show. The reruns were also pulled, meaning Boise has no non-network Feud whatsoever.

Lucky for those in Boise....