Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Lost and Found 2020  (Read 16538 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
BUZZR Lost and Found 2020
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
"The secret is out! Peek inside our vault Sunday, 9/27, at 4 pm EST/1 pm PST for our 5th annual Lost and Found! Tune in for special NEVER before seen on #BUZZR shows and episodes! 📺 🤫 #LostAndFound"

-------------
My money's still on at least one new show from that survey we took...

chargeradiocom

Re: BUZZR Lost and Found 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:39:40 PM »
I was thinking about this over the weekend. Considering that’s also about the time of year when we usually get a fairly substantial schedule change, you’re probably right.

Any speculation on what new show(s) we might be about to see?

Mr. Matté

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
I was thinking about this over the weekend. Considering that’s also about the time of year when we usually get a fairly substantial schedule change, you’re probably right.

What were the results (or the general gist) of this survey?

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »

Don't think they were publicly released, but if I remember right, I believe they were responsible for putting Bzzz! and the Narz Concentration episodes onto the lineup.

Blanquepage

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »

Results weren't published anywhere, but the survey included picking shows for BUZZR to add to the lineup. There were lots of really great possibilities, like Celebrity Sweepstakes, Liar's Club, High Rollers, Scrabble, and Hot Streak. Even WoF and Jeopardy were on there. I think there's a screengrab of all the survey options somewhere around here.
I wouldn't have the slightest notion as to what BUZZR may surprise us with, but I'm hoping Liar's Club and Celebrity Sweepstakes see a return to our screens.
Wouldn't be surprised at Scrabble.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 03:05:52 PM »

Results weren't published anywhere, but the survey included picking shows for BUZZR to add to the lineup. There were lots of really great possibilities, like Celebrity Sweepstakes, Liar's Club, High Rollers, Scrabble, and Hot Streak. Even WoF and Jeopardy were on there. I think there's a screengrab of all the survey options somewhere around here.
I had to dig back to this thread, but this was the first list:

Whew!
Scattergories
Wheel of Fortune
High Rollers
Win Ben Stein’s Money
Remote Control
Celebrity Sweepstakes
25 Words Or Less
Shop Till You Drop
The Price Is Right (with host Bob Barker)
Scrabble
Bruce Forsyth’s Hot Streak
Jeopardy!
Liar’s Club
Concentration

Obviously the show we got from that list appears to have been a success for the network.

There was also a section about dating & relationship game shows, and if you responded that you would like to see that kind of shows on BUZZR, you got another list. I don't recall everything on that list, but I remember it had The Newlywed Game (hosted by Bob Eubanks), the Dating Game (unspecified host), Singled Out, and Bzzz! (Although considering the one show we got from that list was less than successful, I'm guessing that, short of pulling off the rights to Eubanks Newlywed, they probably won't be running anything else from that list anytime soon.)

I have some additional thoughts but those will have to wait, because I'm on the clock.  :D

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »

I wouldn't have the slightest notion as to what BUZZR may surprise us with, but I'm hoping Liar's Club and Celebrity Sweepstakes see a return to our screens.

I was surprised at the inclusion of Celebrity Sweepstakes, among others.  I wonder if they were just pulling random shows that people like us remember to create a longer list, or if there's something to it.  Do enough episodes of Celebrity Sweepstakes even exist?  So far we only know of four.  Maybe BUZZR knows something we don't.

For the record, I'm hoping for that one!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Big Brain

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 08:31:30 PM »
Does anyone think Nighttime Price with Tom Kennedy is on the table? That would be a nice little add, especially for those of us from Atlanta where the show only aired briefly on Saturdays IIRC.

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 09:25:41 PM »
As for High Rollers, I'd assume only Wink's version is available? It's entertaining, but Trebek's was a gem.

Otm Shank

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 09:55:27 PM »
Holding onto a faint glimmer of hope for the 3-player MGHSH pilot

Blanquepage

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 10:20:16 PM »

Do enough episodes of Celebrity Sweepstakes even exist?  So far we only know of four.  Maybe BUZZR knows something we don't.

2 nighttime episodes and the very nice quality finale, all from studio masters, have been at least some evidence that master tapes are around. The inclusion on the survey to me indicated that at least the nighttime version still exists and could be a weekly entry. Maybe an insider one of these days can tell us for sure. If it doesn't show up on BUZZR, that is.

TimK2003

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »

Do enough episodes of Celebrity Sweepstakes even exist?  So far we only know of four.  Maybe BUZZR knows something we don't.

2 nighttime episodes and the very nice quality finale, all from studio masters, have been at least some evidence that master tapes are around. The inclusion on the survey to me indicated that at least the nighttime version still exists and could be a weekly entry. Maybe an insider one of these days can tell us for sure. If it doesn't show up on BUZZR, that is.

We know that Burt Sugarman has most, if not all of Whew! under lock and key, and his "Midnight Special" is around in various DVD collections.  Doesn't Burt own the rights to Celebrity Sweepstakes as well?

If any Grundy show were to come out of mothballs, I could see Hot Streak before Scrabble or Scattergories, simply because Bruce's show has no product licensing hurdles like the other two have.

JMFabiano

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 07:59:36 AM »
Holding onto a faint glimmer of hope for the 3-player MGHSH pilot

My thoughts exactly.  If they do a pilot/typical episode pattern as they did in the past, perhaps the pilot then finally airing the premiere?  (assuming there's no other issues about the episode) 

If I had to predict, I'd go for (fingers crossed) Whew!  Cult fan favorite, Sugarman MIGHT be easier to talk with than a big company like Sony, et al. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:02:13 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

calliaume

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 10:39:12 AM »
I'm not sure who has the rights to Celebrity Sweepstakes. Jim MacKrell explained it to me once and I've forgotten the details (my notes are here someplace).

Back in late 2000 when Millionaire was popular, one of Burt Sugarman's assistants contacted me to see if I knew how to get in touch with Ralph Andrews to talk about a Sweepstakes revival. Draw your own conclusions from that one.

Bryce L.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
OK, schedule is up for the Lost and Found event...

4:00pm
Call My Bluff 65
Two teams of contestants, each led by a celebrity guest, must provide definitions to obscure words. Only one team member is provided the actual definition, and the other two must "Bluff" and convince the other team that they have the true definition. (original airdate 3/29/1965)

4:40pm
Number Please 61
Two players alternate calling out numbers on their row of 20 spaces to reveal letters of a prize to be identified. The first to correctly guess the prizes wins the game. (original airdate 5/29/1961)

5:20pm
Say When!! 61
Two contestants select various prizes in hopes of achieving a total sum that is closest to a target value (without going over).

6:00pm
Get The Message 64
Contestants try to guess expressions, titles or names from one word clues supplied by each of their two celebrity teammates.

6:40pm
Split Personality 59
Two contestants race to solve the identity of a mystery celebrity by selecting the clues that their opponent will receive. (original airdate 9/13/1959)

7:20pm
What's Going On? 54
A panel of three celebrities in the studio try to guess the remote location of other celebrities and what they were doing.

Source: https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2020-9-27/America/New_York